C3C PBEM: Alba II - Great Armada scenario

England can attack Ireland, but it should be with either strong defenders stacked or from the sea. A few muskets and pikemen here and there is not enough.

I think it fits Spain not to have fast units until late. They're a slow juggernaut that need to turn around like a supercruiser. But if they do get up and running on all engines they're a formidable force.

Don't know if I contributed to the victory much. Probably by killing a few enemy if at all.

If I had built up forces without attacking Ireland it would have been overun. So I tried to limit their forces by keeping their cities to a minimum. I had to be prepared for the innevitable Scottish invasion. The first of which was beaten back. I was getting close to subduing the Irish but bleeding troops off to defend against Scotland left weakness in the Irish campaign and everywhere else. Plus The Scottish and the Spanish took a hand in Ireland too.
Once the League and Spanish joined in and invaded the poorly defended South there was too much from too many directions, couldn't keep up with it all. I had hoped to subdue Ireland before the League were in a position to invade. Prooved harder than I thought and not in time. :(
The Dutch (me) didn't realise the potential of the Reiters, should have built loads of them I supose.
Still it was a good game even though I was swamped out early. But I have learned from my mistakes and thirst for revenge :)

I think England overall and Dutch to some extent contributed to League demise in this game. That few troops of League, which were actually keeping the balance there, were gone and this enable France to strike.

When a player is playing aggressively, this usually leave some weak spots in the defense and these weakened spots can be exploited. Hence, League had built too many offensive troops to take care of England and the Dutch and not enough defensive troops and forces for counter attacks. So, overall, this was one of the roots of the problem.

Also, conquest of England was a bit too stretched. I mean that the territory was large and there was little possibility to defend it all with only Scottish forces around. So, Spain and League joined in and this was a big mistake imho. Since France were able to roll over Belgium in a few turns.

I'm still thinking that Spain played most of the game in a very passive manner against Maghrib.

Top Bottom