C3C PBEM - "Napoleonic Wars"

This game has gotten very personal and this really ought to stop now.

This is a game about war and shifting alliances so there is no reason to restrict those private messages to myself and Austria.

I totally agree

The British Diplomatic Corp and the British Military High Command try to calculate the effect the chaos in Eastern Europe will have on our war with France. After a flurry of diplomatic dispatches and much consideration Britain accepted an offer of peace from the Prussians. France is still seen as the major threat to our island home. While the situation in Eastern Europe sorts its self out, Britain will continue to with its plans for the defeat of France. To this end we have signed a peace treaty with the Spanish and convinced them to join us in our war with France.

God help us all. Long live the king. :D

gps ------->adyyc

GPS ---> Austria
Ottomans are preparing attack against Sulina.
Meanwhile defense is getting stronger.
1 austrian worker was captured.
Spain accepted alliance against Russia and Austria.

Austria and Russia should gift cities to Prussia... otherwise is like a fake war...

Disagree about the fake war comment, but offered Leipzig to Prussia.

Defeated Sipahi with Hussar south of Budapest

Well If I can make sense of this Soap Opera...I see Quarly played his turn on Jan 29th. That means it should be my (Prussia) turn. However..I do not have the save. So Q...could you please send it to me?
I won't be able to play my turn until Sunday.

And on a side note...Changing alliances in Civ3 like in human life...is unpredictable. I think things have gotten too personal for all parties. I've always thought that an agreed upon alliance lasts not for 20 turns but for as long as it remains useful to one's strategy of winning the game...the GAME. I think it is a mistake to transfer game play behavior and make it personal. Now I think its fair to say..that beware that Player X breaks agreements when playing Civ. But to me that just means...Buyer or in this case Player Beware. That's fair. Personally..I've always thought of alliances as being....fluid!!
Now I also may have a different spin on this...how much more interesting has this game been and become based upon what has happened?? Think about all the Diplomatic moves that has resulted?? This game took a monumental change in play. Is that a bad thing?

I think its time for; a time out...a group hug...and I'll begin as the most maligned side of all...I forgive all of you that have defeated the once proud people of Prussia! I forgive the dastardly, cowardly, and unprovoked sneak attacks against Prussia. I forgive you for all the brave and innocent victims of rape and pillage...I forgive........hell I don't forgive anyone!!!

Sully

Folks...I am sending the turn to Pinman..but be advised..I had significant problems playing the turn. In fact..it crashed my PC for several turns. I really don't know what or how I managed to get through the turn. It seems I was unable to to accept any of the offers..though I could see them. And then the map blanked out and quite honestly...I was able to get it back but..I could not move any units or do anything??? I will send the what I think is the save to Russia. But..be advised..I don't think I have any more control.......something is definitely amiss. Now when I did my turn in the City Limits game...there was no problems. Maybe the best thing is for one of you to just defeat me.....LouLong..this is a new bit of info since we last talked. I think the game is corrupted for Prussia.....
Sully

@aksully
PC crash are most of the time because of a driver problem or a operating system problem. I don't think civ3 can reset your PC in such manner.

Ok...definitely a problem with this game only. Checked my other PBEM saves and all work without a hitch. So the problem is isolated to the save that came to me. Now I sent the save along without being able to do anything. You guys should see if anything turns up screwy?? And realize...All offers that were sent to me were Cleared not by choice but so I could unfreeze the diplomatic screen. And when I did that...the map came up..but it was all blacked out??? So I then just save the turn and sent along...without doing anything! I mean I couldn't!! We'll see what happens when it comes back to me.
Sully

You need to replay aksully. it looks as though you resigned accidently. All of your cities have been razed.

Pinman

Resent the file in case you want to try a new copy (since you may have to do your turn again anyway)..

Well Guys...I tried the replay and the same thing..can't make any moves. It would seem I'm done. Now I can tell you that on the last turn that I could play..I had not resigned. I have no explanation? Probably best to move along. I am disappointed.
Sully

I would suggest that Quarky.

aksully we cannot continue if all of Prussia is wiped off the map!!:lol:

Pinman

Top Bottom