C3C PBEM - "Napoleonic Wars"

The Russian Report

The Battle For Prussia

Posen & the Occupied Territories

A solitary Prussian Fusilier blocked the Russian path to Posen - which was isolated by the capture of Berlin.

Once the Fusilier Regiment was cleared, the Russian Cossacks marched into the city unopposed. 3 cities left and Posen Captured.

Russian Troops are reinforced along the frontlines were no action occured over the past two months. The calm before the storm?!?

1 X Fusilier killed

Let it Remain a Warning

Sweden

Russia took her revenge on Sweden for joining up with France this month. Cossacks swarmed the coastal city of Norrsundet, easily brushing away the city's weak defense. Norrrsundet Captured.

2 X Musket Infantry killed
1 X Cavalry killed

GPS to LouLong.

Pinman

I have been real sick just after the new year then I had the "great" idea of switching to Linux which is nice but the switch was not a breeze, especially to use Windows applications such as Civ... :blush:

But I am back, everything is working... Sorry again for the delay. The last one I think... not switching anytime soon :lol:

Killed 8 hussars near Berlin. But there are a lot more...

With what may I ask?

I had the "great" idea of switching to Linux which is nice but the switch was not a breeze

:lol: Tell me about it. I have a couple of Linux boxes at home. "It just works"? My ar*e it does..

Hope you are feeling better. I think there is a lot going around at this time of year.

Lou..I hope you are drowning yourself in the Ultimate Cold Killer....Chicken Soup!!!! Get and stay well my friend! And...quit messing with the damn PC!!!!
Sully

Sorry for the delay guys. Life has been a little hectic in this new year. I haven't been able to get to my games as fast as I like to.

Just troop movements, no action.

gps --------> adyyc

Addyc strikes again.

Despite apparently on the verge of agreement of an alliance with France, the Ottoman’s are now back in an alliance with Austria and Russia. I say “back in” because Addyc make agreements with those nations before, then decided to go back on his word. Addyc, we had agreed to peace, sharing of luxuries, and even helping each other with techs to meet common aims. You even wanted a ROP. Thank god I hesitated on that. When Russia and Austria invaded Prussia after an alliance with Britain, even then, you assured Greybeard ( or Greybeard assured us!!) that you were onside and participating in our campaign.

Yet again though, you have decided to play blackmailer.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. In the first game that we played, you attacked while we were negotiating the trade of a city (or a couple actually). In the second game we played, you just abandoned the game half way through. Yet in the third game, you have the audacity to say “I will risk and trust you word this time. I always respect my word, but i may not respect respect broken word.” Seriously, I don’t think even Hitler could have said that in your position and kept a straight face. So, I suppose really, I should have learnt. I should have listened to my gut instinct, but I stupidly gave you the benefit of the doubt. Again.

So three games that I have played with you, and three games you have managed to ruin. Well done, that is a hell of a record. This will be the last game that I am involved in, if you are involved in it.

I don’t mind being attacked. I don’t mind losing. What I do mind is someone who systematically and continuously goes back on their word. Well done for taking all the fun out of this game.

So, no, you will not be getting the cities you demand. I would rather abandon them or see they fall to France.

:mad:

Leipzig has been left open for Prussia to take back, and we are moving to secure our Southern border against our one-time ally, and Russia will also start plans for a hand-back in the next couple of turns.

GPS --> Prussia.

The Ottoman betrayal has left no holes in what must be done.

Russia will not tolerate aggression against itself or fellow Eastern Bloc members.

As such:

Russia Declares war on The Ottoman Empire

Pinman
Tsar of Russia

Lets start from the begining:

1) 16 turns ago Ottoman Empire and Russia signs a non-aggression pact for 30 turns.
It was secret because Tsar says:
"Then we have a deal. No agression for 30 turns and wines for 1 gold/turn. Im not obligated to help Austria if they attack you. Lets keep this deal to ourselves, it might make Prussia edgy if they heard about it."

2) I never signed such an trait with Austria. So if i would attack Austria would be legal.
Russia says : "Yes that situation sounds interesting.

You should be aware however, that if you attack Austria up until January 1802 I will be forced to declare war. "

3) After 15 turns of non aggression pact Russia and after attacked Prussia with no reason Tsar decided to amend this non-aggression:

The pact-breaking Tsar says:
"To the Great Sultan, Lord of the Ottoman Empire and Friend to the Czar of Russia,

I recall that agreement made 15 turns ago from this date. Since then we have enjoyed 15 turns of peace and will hopefully enjoy an additional 15.

There is a small technicality to take care of my good Sultan. Since the afore mentioned agreement was signed there have been developments between Russia and Austria. Our two nations have grown closer and signed 'The Eastern Bloc Alliance Pact'."

I told an yes like a no like he did not keep his word.....

At this time i had troops massed at Austrian border ready to attack. Why? Because they promised to attack France and no actions against France were made. But they did attacked weak Prussia. Why?

4)After Tsar propose this:

"As i'm sure you know myself and Quarky have an alliance. It is called the Eastern Bloc and its objective is to ensure that France and Britain [....]

We would like to invite you to join the Eastern Bloc against France and Britain. We would agree to Non-Agression until those two were destroyed.

Lands would be divided up evenly between Austria, Russia and the Ottoman Empire."

5) After some negotiations Tsar of Russia lies us again:

"After extreme pressure from my Austrian allies, Russia and Austria have decided to accept all of your terms.

We will give you the cities that you want in exchange for the locked alliance until everyone else is gone.

I hope that our alliance can overcome this initial unplesantness and grow to dominate the game.

I guess now we have to formalize a battle plan? you want me in Prussia and you and Austria to coordinate against France?

Good Luck to us and you'll have your cities next turn.

Pinman

PS: You can disregard all earlier communications, we understand that at the end of the day this is the best course of action."

I trusted this LIE.
I have played my turn and retreated all troops form their frontier and sending them to Italy (Sipahies arrives in Itally same turn as they are fast enought and i had 5 galleons in Mostar)
Russia border line was emptied by troops that are now on auto-move.

Even if i did not even attack Austria and with a non-agression pact RUSIA decided to do a dirty thing.
After my turns they decide do DECLARE WAR an maybe sneak me on the back while i was sendig all my troops to Italy.

I may ask who is the treaty-break here?
My answers is: RUSSIA.

Leipzig has been left open for Prussia to take back, and we are moving to secure our Southern border against our one-time ally, and Russia will also start plans for a hand-back in the next couple of turns.

GPS --> Prussia.

You should gift cities to Prussia not let them take it ... i belive this is a way to make free VP's and is illegal.

Errr no.

Russia declared war as may ally and also because you tried to blackmail Austria AND RUSSIA into giving you cities.

Also, as I said, we agreed to shares luxuries and tech's to help each other. There was no actual sharing of techs, but then that is no a big surprise because early on you were showing signs of agressiveness even back then.

As for Prussia, in case you didn't know, they were an ally of France. We were helping Britain and a combined assault on Frances ally was our best way to do so. But it is irrelevent, you are grasping at straws.

It isn't just Austria and Russia though is it? Either:

1) You also gave assurances to Britain with regards to your intentions to be part of our alliance, or
2) Britain was economical with the truth to us.

I think the former is more likely than the latter.

Your entire post seems to be attempting to drum up some kind of excuse for breaking your agreements again. It isn't going to work though, and your attempt to make Russia look like the bad guy is kind of pathetic. Russia reacted AFTER you tried to blackmail them.

Anyway, lets just get on with the game.

I understand your comment about Leipzig (I can see how it is disadvantageous to eveyone else, but hardly illegal). If Prussia don't take it, I will gift it, but they have the save so it is up to them.

I did not blackmail RUSIA!!!! Lets just dont excuse Russia..... He broke nonagression pact... he also lied once again.... so Pinman is not a man of trust...

I did not broke any pact signed sorry....

My dear adyyc,

We did indeed have a non-agression pact but I did not break it and here is why:

1) The pact was signed and I told you that I wouldn't be obligated to defend Austria after our alliance expired.

2) You came to me many many turns later (15) asking if the pact was valid.

3) I said yes, but I would be obligated to attack you if you hit Austria with whom I resigned an alliance after hearing that you would not be attacking us. Such is technically breaking our agreement at first glace but not at second.
You see my dear adyyc, you assured Britain that you would not attack austria and myself while we were engaged in Prussia. So you were already bound to non-aggression against Austria!

Incidently saying that I attacked Prussia for no reason is abit hypocritical as you did the same thing to France.

4) You agreed that you would not attack Austria without saying that you felt the deal was unfair! I was unaware that there was anything wrong as I was naive enough to trust that you were actually on our side!

5) Russia and Austria offer you an alliance.

6) You have the gaul to blackmail us into an alliance with you, and you except us to give you what you want!?!

That bollocks and you know it adyyc.

You didn't blackmail me? you only think that because the concept of loyalty hasnt occured to you quite yet. You threated to eliminate Austria unless I gave you cities for an alliance.

That sounds like blackmail to me.

Pinman

Edit:

Agreements that adyyc has broken:lol: :

1) Alliance with Britain by agreeing to sign an alliance with France

2) Non- Agression Pact with Austria that you agreed to in addition to our original treaty.

3) Alliance with France by agreeing to accept a new alliance with us.

4) Non Aggression with Russia by attempted extortion.

Top Bottom