Napoléon I 1805 - 1815 ToTPP and Lua scenario updated to v1.3

I was playing this awesome scenario again and noticed that the 'train military' doesn't seem to be effecting my units when they end that turn, they still are losing strength through attrition. I may be using the unit wrong.

Amazing scenario, this is my periodic plea that your talents on crafting this, truly one of the best civ scenarios to me, but also best Napoleonic strategy games, should be put to use on another scenario in this space!

I love this scenario and have lots of fun playing it. It is great and I hope to see more in this space someday.

Hi countmc,

I was playing this awesome scenario again and noticed that the 'train military' doesn't seem to be effecting my units when they end that turn, they still are losing strength through attrition. I may be using the unit wrong.

The code for the 'Train Militaire' is designed so that the effect is only randomly generated. As such units stationed with it may get a 2, 1 or 0 HP boost at the beginning of a given turn.

I retested the code today to be sure and looking at the console print results can see that it's working as designed.

Code:
 Régiment de Ligne at 47,75,0 healed due to Train Militaire; hit points changed from 2 to 4: healed 2 HP.

The reason I put this limitation in place was to reflect the unpredictability of 19th Century supply systems.

Amazing scenario, this is my periodic plea that your talents on crafting this, truly one of the best civ scenarios to me, but also best Napoleonic strategy games, should be put to use on another scenario in this space!
I love this scenario and have lots of fun playing it. It is great and I hope to see more in this space someday.

It's always very nice to hear that people appreciate your work, whatever that may be, so thank you again for the kind words.

Like all people real life ended up taking all of my time for the last year and a half and therefore scenario designing had essentially been placed on hiatus.

I've recently been looking at working on another project but no details or timeline to share at this point.

Last edited:
Hi @tootall_2012 , I'm playing this fabulous scenario, it's truly amazing! I'm playing it again and again, sometimes using cheat mode :D because I want to see first hand all possible situations that the game provides.

I believe I found a small bug. I'm playing v1.3 and I achieved the continental blockade. This gave me an extra movement point to the French ships, however, when pressing k to generate munitions, because of this extra movement point, my ships instead of losing all their MPs, they remain with 1 MP left, so I can generate extra munitions with them. Maybe it's been reported before but haven't found it!

Thanks

Hi @tootall_2012I believe I found a small bug. I'm playing v1.3 and I achieved the continental blockade. This gave me an extra movement point to the French ships, however, when pressing k to generate munitions, because of this extra movement point, my ships instead of losing all their MPs, they remain with 1 MP left, so I can generate extra munitions with them. Maybe it's been reported before but haven't found it!

Hi Pablostuka,

Indeed you discovered an unkown bug. I applied a fix to the event file (v1.5) and uploaded it to the Scenario League scenario's page here. Thank you for reporting it.

Note, that the fix was tested using the latest version 0.184 of ToTPP. I don't believe there should be a problem if your using an earlier version but in case you do, I recommend you upgrade to this version.

Thank you for reporting it

Happy to be of help! I'm loving the scenario and it's helping me better to understand the capabilities of well written Lua code! :)

QQ: Is it expected that if you attempt to invade England after the peace treaty with Austria and Russia (war of 5th Coalition), when Russia declares war to you for invading England, the border tiles with Russia don't disappear? This forces the player to purely play defensive without being able to really fight back Russia.

Happy to be of help! I'm loving the scenario and it's helping me better to understand the capabilities of well written Lua code! :)

Though I wrote a lot of the small details code, it's Knighttime who wrote all the core code and structured it in the logical manner you see. In that regard, ALL the credit goes to him! :thumbsup:

QQ: Is it expected that if you attempt to invade England after the peace treaty with Austria and Russia (war of 5th Coalition), when Russia declares war to you for invading England, the border tiles with Russia don't disappear? This forces the player to purely play defensive without being able to really fight back Russia.

Yes this is correct. As was the case historically, I didn't want the French player to take advantage of the different mini coalition wars to nibble away at the Russian Empire.

As such, each Coalition war is an entity in its own right with its own specific victory conditions. It was important to keep these wars contained within their own parameters to be able to maintain the historical flow of the scenario (to get a little bit more context see the following post #7) .

Again, as was the case historically, if you want to be able to invade Russia proper you have to acquire the Invasion of Russia advance.

Also another question...after renewing the Franco-Spanish alliance (we get Madrid and Cádiz plus we continue allied), we still need to keep 30 troops in the Iberian Peninsula to "maintain peace"...is this expected?

You don't have to keep 30 units in Spain but if you don't you will be penalized 35 francs for each turn you fail to do so. Even if Napoleon had defeated the Spanish army in the field or been able to usurp the Spanish throne, it's important to remember that the Spanish population would still have been extremely hostile to any French presence or occupation in their country. Failure to keep a strong garrison in the country would undoudtedly have led to further insurrection and chaos.

Also remember that subduing Spain, either by war or alliance, does not prevent British incursions in the Peninsula (unless you managed to subdue England as well).

Last edited:
Top Bottom