1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Napoléon I 1805 - 1815 ToTPP and Lua scenario updated to v1.3

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by tootall_2012, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Jack J

Jack J Chieftain

Hi Prof. Garfield

I knew I had missed something!

I have certainly used your fantastic tutorials alongside some different lua-tutorial videos on youtube - with success :thumbsup: As I try to learn the basics, I have found great use of snippets of code from the scenarios for certain features, like the creation of munition for ranged attack units, the recruitment feature etc. But you're right that the OTR lua files are a bit overwhelming :crazyeye:

I'd like to extend a thank you for the work you have put in to make it so approachable for a novice like myself. It is greatly appreciated.

2. tootall_2012

tootall_2012 Prince

Hi Jack J,

In addition to Prof. Garfield's lua lesson, if you are interested in scenario designing I highly recommend you go to the "Scenario Creation Excel Sheet" thread and check out this post.

In it you will find a whole series of links and guides including the TOTPP v015.pdf file which outlines all the features that TNO developped for his Test of Time Patch Project (including how to add labels to the map, which you can find under item #63 Landmarks).

I hope you will find this usefull.

Jack J likes this.
  3. Jack J

Jack J Chieftain

The amount of resources you guys provide continue to amaze me.
    I believe I initially downloaded the spreadsheet, but somehow never looked into it and forgot about its existence since. This is great. Thanks :)