Can anyone beat this tundra start?

Neither I selected Goddess of Hunting.

So each of the 7 deer base yield is 2 :c5food: 1 :c5production:
Granary makes it 3 :c5food: 1 :c5production:
Camp makes it 4 :c5food: 1 :c5production:
Goddess of Hunting makes it 5 :c5food: 1 :c5production:
Economics makes it 5 :c5food: 1 :c5production: 1 :c5gold:

Don't get too excited. You're on the south pole, it's possible that Venice is locked in by ice. :crazyeye:

I hope you checked for that, haha.

Neither I selected Goddess of Hunting.

So each of the 7 deer base yield is 2 :c5food: 1 :c5production:
Granary makes it 3 :c5food: 1 :c5production:
Camp makes it 4 :c5food: 1 :c5production:
Goddess of Hunting makes it 5 :c5food: 1 :c5production:
Economics makes it 5 :c5food: 1 :c5production: 1 :c5gold:

I would've chose goddess of hunting. I would've recommended that.

Oh yeah I forgot about Goddess of the Hunt. I'm usually partial to pantheons that give faith so I can put off using hammers for religious buildings. That being said, food is awesome.

It's quite decent for tundra. Then again. with it all being blanketed by forest, it doesn't so matter much what's underneath, does it? What keeps me from being super-impressed is the lack of fish and the absence of a river. The marble and stone can't actually be worked, and I could be wrong but they won't unlock a stone works that far away. And the south pole location with ice blocking one side is quite stifling in respect to Venice's forte.

Still, pretty nice and certainly easy to defend and the very things that prove restrictive to you limit access for land and sea invaders.

I think I could beat this. I think its not bad start at all as long as there are possibilities for decent trade routes.

I question why you didn't open pottery straight away because I think getting a shrine as soon as possible and then a granary would really help you make the most of all that deer

That is a great start.. Dance of Aurora or Religious Idols?

I'd have picked RI myself:
1. Dance of Aurora doesn't work on forest and every tile I see with tundra underneath forest is better off keeping the forest (other than Silver)

2. Faith is a whole lot more valuable than food (in reference to Godess of Hunt) for founding a religion. Now if the primary luxury was Fur instead of a mining one then I'd have gone with Godess of Hunt

I don't see anything bad in this start. There are far worse. ;)

It could have used a river so that Venice could build a Water Mill in addition to the Granary and also a hill where Venice is founded for more production.

Also, it looks like Venice might be cut off from trade routes until Astronomy due to ice.

It could have used a river so that Venice could build a Water Mill in addition to the Granary and also a hill where Venice is founded for more production.

Also, it looks like Venice might be cut off from trade routes until Astronomy due to ice.

If you look at the mini-map a little better, I think Venice isn't cut from others by ice.

Make do with land routes until astronomy if you must. With production and food like that, who needs gold?

If you had started on a river it would have been a near perfect start, barring it being tundra anyway.

Top Bottom