Can I install BAT and/or BUG on Mac OS X?

I have a Mac system and want to play Civ IV BTS. Is there a way to install the BUG mod or even the BAT mod?

Heck, can any mod be installed on a Mac for this game. I have the complete edition. Vanilla, Warlords, and BTS.

Hi Mark,

As I understand it, the BAT Mod cannot be used on a Mac because it has its own DLL. (Unless you're using Windows under something like Boot Camp.) However, BUG can be installed on a Mac with a small alteration in the Python code (it's one line in a file).

Thing is, I'm not a Mac user and I don't exactly know how to do it, but there is a sub forum for Mac users. You should try asking there. Someone is bound to know. :)

MarkJohnson:

yes. BUG works on a Mac. You have to delete one line, that is not doing anything in the version of Python that the Mac uses but it causes an error as an unrecognized command. There are several threads in the Mac forum asking the same question. Either AlanH or I have posted the fix in each of those threads. I am traveling currently and don't have access to my CIV info files. If I was at home, I would just post the fix, it is really simple. So, look for a thread asking the same question in the Mac forum.

Top Bottom