Can only create one city in colonization WTP

Wansfell

Chieftain
I've played Colonization for several years through TAC RARand early WTP, with no real problems, however now I can't create more than one city when playing WTP.

In the normal game either the latest steam version or the beta version I have no problem, but when I try to play WTP ( the last three versions ) with either of the two colonization games, It will only allow me to build one city. I usually play on the first three difficulty levels as I'm looking to relax not stretch my brain.

In the original game there is a one city option but I make sure that is not ticked.

Is there any restriction on when you can found a secon city?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This question is very easily answered. :)

To settle Cities in WTP you now need to equip a Colonist in "Profession Settler".
You can not just use any unequipped Colonist anymore as in old versions of the mod.

Simply read Colopedia considering "Profession Settler". :thumbsup:
It will also show you which Yields are required to equip it.

By the way:
Next time ask WTP specific questions in the WTP forum, e.g. here:

Best regards
ray

Hello Ray

First. I love to play Civ and Col and especially WTP, thank you to all the people who keep this great game alive.

I have the same problem as Wansfell. I can't build more than one town and I can't take any others (AI) either? I like to play on the harder difficulys (Patriot) and it seems the BUG comes if you are in bad standing with the local indians or have gone to war with with an AI early in the game?

Kind regards

Here is an example from game

Attachments

• Peter AD-1575-September.ColonizationSave
    414.3 KB · Views: 8
@Zaritas

To settle Cities in WTP you now need to equip a Colonist in "Profession Settler".
You can not just use any unequipped Colonist anymore as in old versions of the mod.

Simply read Colopedia considering "Profession Settler". :thumbsup:
It will also show you which Yields are required to equip it.

Also the first 20 turns of a game are "forced peace".
Only after that it is possible to declare war and conquer other Cities.

In theory it is also possible to set a "Game Option" that will prevent to acquire more than 1 City.
It is called "1 City Challenge" - and can be set at game start in "Custom Game".

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer Ray, I know and have tried your sollutions, but thats not the problem. If you try and load my saved game, you will see that I have three proffesionel settlers ready, one off them a Prepared Settler, but the Button (possibility) simply dosent apperer?

Thanks for the answer Ray, I know and have tried your sollutions, but thats not the problem. If you try and load my saved game, you will see that I have three proffesionel settlers ready, one off them a Prepared Settler, but the Button (possibility) simply dosent apperer?
There also needs to be a minimal distance to other Colonial Cities.
Screenshots may be more effective to disccuss the issue. :)

P.S.:
I cannot load your savegame as I do not have the public version installed.
(I only use my own customized / modmodded version of WTP at the moment)

:) Its seems that your default reply mode is that peolpe asking questions dont know how to play the game. I have played all Sid Meiers' games for about 30 years... There is a BUG in WTP.

There is a BUG in WTP.
That is ok, but a Screenshot would have helped me to understand that. :)
Thus when posting issues, please also provide screenshots next time. :thumbsup:

Also for bug reporting we have this thread here:

Or you could post it as an issue on our GitHub:

Or you could have posted it in our bug tracking thread in discord:

There chances would be high that other team members may also see it.
Everything that is not posted there I usually understand as a question. :dunno:

-----

See, if you give little information and I have issues loading a save, I will ask for more information.
If you provide all that stuff in the beginning (e.g. Screenshots) I will not have to ask for it.

I will notify however some of the team members about this here. :thumbsup:
Because until now I think nobody really understood that this is indeed supposed to be a bug report ...

Last edited:
I loaded your save game.
On the first screen you can see that the button is present.
1697041051168.png
on the second screen you can see the new city.
1697041325588.png
you are using mod version 4.0.1 (this is not the current version of the mod)
I recommend updating to version 4.0.2 - it was in this version that I checked your save game.

@Mr. ZorG:
Thanks for checking. :thumbsup:
It seems there is no bug then. :)

----

By the way:
I have a suspicion what the issue was. - see below
(Providing a screenshot would have allowed me to ask more precisely.)

-----

This was wrong:
Maybe the Units were grouped and the complete stack was selected.
Because then the button might not be visible - which is completely normal.

------

@Zaritas
And sorry if I am a bit suspicious sometimes and request screenshots and information.
But 4 out of 5 "bug reports" we get are simply user errors or lack of knowledge ...

Last edited:
Even if a stack of units is selected, the "found a city" button is active.
Good to know. :thumbsup:
But as it is working in official current release WTP 4.0.2 and also upcoming WTP 4.1 there is still nothing to do.

----

Also to anybody posting bug reports:
Please
tell us the version you use. This is important information in a bug report.
In this case an e.g. outdated version (4.0.1) was used that had a bug-fix release (4.0.2) shortly later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom