Can you play OCC with Civ1?

stwils

Emperor
I know you can play One City Challenge with Civ2. (I read about OCC long ago on Apolyton Civ2)

I wonder has anyone ever played it with Civ1? I never played it with Civ2 but since I like Civ1 better, I want to try the OCC with it. But I am not really good at Civ1 yet.

Any thoughts?

stwils:confused:

Hey stwils
Did you already try OCC on Civ1? I like the idea of giving it a try, so I think I will have some time this week to do it. I will post again about it when I have played OCC. By the way, I will play it on Civ1 for Windows.
Regards, Civ1-addict.
:tank:

Hi. No, I have not tried it yet.

But I have printed out the strategy for OCC which I got at the site below. (You probably already know about this site, but just in case, here it is.)

http://members.home.nl/paulvdb/occ.htm

This of course is for Civ2 - and I never tried it with Civ2, either.

But I like Civ1 so much better than Civ2 I thought I might try this OCC with it.

Hope it works! Let me know how you do.

stwils

I have played OCC a few times while waiting to fix my hard drive.

it is a bit difficult, since many of the civ2 features paul's OCC guide don't apply.
For one thing, there are fewer tile specials, and dang few which help trade (just Gold and Gems, I believe).
I did it on warlord and chieftan before I went back to civ2, but never seemed to get my lightbulbs above about 230. as opposed to the 800+ you can do in civ2.

Remember you can Railroad ocean squares for extra food.

Yesterday I played OCC on WinCiv1 but I didn't have the Civ2 manual for OCC so I decided to play OCC a bit like I normally play. Unfortunately I was on the same continent as the Zulus and quite quickly the Romans and Germans joint in as well. Needless to say that it was tough......
Anyway, its a lot of fun and the game doesn't take quite as long as a normal game of Civ :) and in the end I had the gigantic civilisation score of 3%!!!!!!!!! Wow :(

I tried my first Civ1 OCC last night. I didn't have access to the Civ2 OCC manual either. I was able to complete the game in an evening, something I never do with normal games.

I customised the map only to large land masses though fortuitously I found no one else on my continent and I got a really good city site straight off.

I won not long before I ran out of time. My city was size 21 and producing 45 shields a turn, but my score was only about 400 points. Still... a lot of fun though. :)

You won?
Do you mean that you launched the ship before the others did, wow I'm impressed by that :goodjob:
You're right that you can finish the game quite quickly, it only cost me about 2 hours or so. It helps me to keep some time for doing other stuff that need to be done (like sleeping.....)

Yes launched and landed before all the others. But it was a close thing - I had to build the minimum size ship with only 3 modules, 4 components and 11 structurals which took 16 agonising years to arrive.

My city site was on a narrow estuary. I used a ship as a bridge. I realise in retrospect I could have got an extra three trade arrows by using the "railroad across the sea" bug, but I didn't bother at the time.

I had 1 module, 3 components and some structurals up and the indians launched their ship with about the same configuration as you did. I thought the AI Civs always built the complete ship, how wrong could I be.....

Top Bottom