[GS] Can you take away Worldbuilder mod dependencies?

Jonneix

Chieftain
It seems that one of the mods I had loaded into my game back when I started working into this map is making great people unavailable when playing it. The issue is that I've spent quite some time on it, trying to make it work, and now it does up to the point where the world council asks the player to ban a great person, which is impossible because there are none, and then the game is impossible to progress.

Now, I never used anything from these mods when making the map, and I don't even think that is an option in this worldbuilder version, but it seems to be impossible to enable the map in the "Additional Content" tab without the game automatically enabling these mods (Listed as "dependencies" on the mod's description) as well. My question is, is there any way to separate the custom map's files from its dependencies, since no content from the mod is really present on the maps, so that I can play it with the mods disabled?

Edit: The current version of the map was last edited using the june update world builder.

I encountered a similar problem. This worked for me: Disable all the mods and then load the map in Worldbuilder. Save the map (maybe give it a different name to help you distinguish it). Exit to the Main Menu and you should now be able to find a version of the map in Additional Content with no dependencies. Hope that works!

I encountered a similar problem. This worked for me: Disable all the mods and then load the map in Worldbuilder. Save the map (maybe give it a different name to help you distinguish it). Exit to the Main Menu and you should now be able to find a version of the map in Additional Content with no dependencies. Hope that works!

Thank you Salamis, it partially worked, although I had to unsubscribe from the mods on Steam to get them to leave the world builder project.
Still, everything done in advanced mode was lost once I loaded the level, which is fine, but the Great people bug still persists. I guess the damage was done already and the map will remain unplayable, but it was worth trying...

Top Bottom