1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada getting a much-needed buff

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by tiamats4esgares, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

I don't get why people think Canada is a weak civ, IMO they are a strong Cultural civ due to their ability to spawn National Parks whenever they want.

Plus just because they are tundra focused doesn't mean they have to settle 80% in tundra, I like to think of them as a civ who can settle normal cities but also take advantage of tundra terrain. Settle your first city in plains/grassland or with some tundra hills on it's edges, then when you get to Feudalism settle your tundra cities if you want.

Plus the AI not being able to surprise war you on Deity is a strong ability.

2. Hogimus

Hogimus Chieftain

Really wish the +1 production was for all tiles, but now that blizzards add fertility they could be a bit better...

If only Canada had a similar immunity to blizzards that Egypt has to floods.

3. PapaMonkey

PapaMonkey Chieftain

An interesting mechanic would be to give them a unit with charges to claim adjacent ice or tundra land. That way they can settle on the edge of tundra and claim the attic lands and the resources there. They become powerful from the resources that they can get that few others can easily claim. Unique, historically acurate and potentially powerful.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    679x likes this.
  4. The googles do nothing

The googles do nothing Chieftain

I think Canada was designed for early 'normal' settling with peaceful play and then late tundra settling for national parks. Eleanor has a similar design - peace early and flipping cities later. With Eleanor how you play early makes a difference in the later game. With Canada is that you don't really do anything earlier to set up you late game.

I"m not the best player so there might be more to un-buffed Canada strategy. The no surprise wars is such a different mechanic from how to play other civs that it's hard to adjust my play to it. I would have preferred to have them get a loyalty buff to cities they settle - and a mauls to conquered cities. Then in the early game I can go settle that +4 campus without it flipping.

Kataklysm likes this.