Can't access the High Council

Bung

Chieftain
When I first installed the game, got the usual error messages; I have downloaded the Indeo 5.11 patch and installed it, and got the game (original Gold Edition I got off eBay) working fine on Windows XP. The only disappointment is that when I want to see the High Council, there is no movie - the game pretty well freezes, and the hard drive seems to search endlessly for the files, and never stops - no error message or anything....thus endeth the game...

Is there a way to fix this problem? The High Council was one of my favourite things in the game, really disappointed it was dropped from subsequent versions...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

When you installed, did you change the default folders it sets up? Did you copy the choose basic or full install? Did you verify that there is a \VIDEO subfolder under \MPS\CIV? Are your Wonder Movies showing correctly?

I THOUGHT I did a full installl, but there is no VIDEO subfolder. I'll try reinstalling. Thanks!

Never got far enough to build a wonder...

Ptah---
Thanks for the great suggestions! I have recently installed SimCity 3000, which may work. Unfortunately, the listed URLs for the Indeo patch are no longer valid. Sigh.
I will do a bit of research and post my findings.

Top Bottom