Can't build movable landmines or naval mines

dummy1929

Chieftain
Hi, I can't find any reference to this in the forum. Are land mine and naval mine units currently disabled? I'm playing v37; in my recent game, I got the mine warfare tech; the movable mine units and the minelayers/sweepers show up in the svevopedia, but I can't build any of them. I made sure I have all the requirements etc. The only thing I can build is the Landmines city building. In this game I got the tech through the Encyclopedia, could that be the problem? But the AI is also not building any mines. They would be cool to have.

Mine Warfare is still a work in progress. Part of the problem is that landmines have never been moved and reused so discussion continues.

I've also got a whole coded mechanism for this that allows units to pick them up, plant them, arm them, go back to town and get more etc... And allows us to define a huge wide variety of parameters on them as well.

I guess the AI probably doesn't yet know how to work with it though so that's something i'm still working on.

Orion's mod has the AI for planting them but assumes that they are planted by non-playing units.

The big problem with having to pick some up to plant is that the AI has no understanding at all about land transport and so that needs to be added as well.

Orion's mod has the AI for planting them but assumes that they are planted by non-playing units.

The big problem with having to pick some up to plant is that the AI has no understanding at all about land transport and so that needs to be added as well.
That's something needing fixed for a variety of causes, yes. We really need jeeps to be able to pick up and move about great commanders for example. We need troop transports that spill out cheap foot infantry in the later game too. Also need a little better AI for working with captives and their transport. It's an issue for when we can get back to cutting edge design rather than just trying to fix what isn't working right now.

EDIT: However... I MIGHT have included some somewhat sufficient AI for this... I'll have to check.

Last edited:
Top Bottom