Can't create corporations???

Phaedo4

Chieftain
OK, I'm just plain puzzled here. I've got the techs for the corporation, got the GP, pretty sure I'm got the resources for that matter. The button shows up, but it's disabled. Anyone seen this?

I'm running BUG and Solver's patch if that is relevant.

Thanks in advance.

Are you in state property? You cant found Corps nor can you build executives in SP.

'State Property Corporations have no effect'

BTW-welcome to CFC :goodjob:

Have you researched the tech Corporation. If you have the right GP, a civic that allows corporations, the required tech(s) (incl Corporation), and nobody has already built it, it should work.

A great person can found a corporation if you have the state property civic but you can not build executives. If you had the resource in your cultural borders did you trade it away?

No, you can't even found a corporation with State Property.

In a game I finished last night I accidentaly founded the aluminum corp with a scientist. It was close to the end and meant to start a golden age for my final push. Was hoping for a great prophet. This was a huge map and when I captured the founding Budda city there was no holy shrine. :cry:

Anyway I'm playing civ 4 BTS without any patches or updates so maybe there's a loophole. :dunno: But I did found a corp while running the state property civ. but could not build executives.

In a game I finished last night I accidentaly founded the aluminum corp with a scientist. It was close to the end and meant to start a golden age for my final push. Was hoping for a great prophet. This was a huge map and when I captured the founding Budda city there was no holy shrine. :cry:

Anyway I'm playing civ 4 BTS without any patches or updates so maybe there's a loophole. :dunno: But I did found a corp while running the state property civ. but could not build executives.

I didn't know this was possible.

Welcome to the Forums Phaedo4. :beer:

I didn't know this was possible.

Either did I. I'm guessing it was some kind of bug since I've read numerous posts by people who couldn't found a corp and it was all because of running State Property. As soon as they switched they were able to.

Top Bottom