1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't found corporations in ROM

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Mr.Evil3000, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Mr.Evil3000

Mr.Evil3000 Chieftain

Hello everybody!

I'm playing ROM for the 5th time now, however, it was never possible for me to found corporations.

In my current game, I have a Great Merchant and I want to found the Cereal Mills Inc.
    I'm running "free market" and I have researched "Corporations" and "Organic Chemistry".
    I have corn und wheat and no other civ has founded this corporation yet.

However, it is not possible for me to found the Cereal Mills Inc. (or other corporations).

Is this a bug in ROM?

2. Mr.Evil3000

Mr.Evil3000 Chieftain

Just found out the refrigeration is required to build the Cereal Mills.
    Have researched this tech, but it doesn't work anyway :-(

3. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

You wouldn't have auto corporations enabled would you??
    Here, when 2 or 3 civs, depending on map size, have the prerequisite tech's, the corporation will be automatically founded.
    Its an option, you have to check off, corps won't show in the tech tree, with this option on.

4. Mr.Evil3000

Mr.Evil3000 Chieftain

That's the point.
    Thanks a lot!

5. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

If you play any other mods besides AND, do watch your game options. The game option sequence in CivilizationIV.ini applies to all your games, and it's just a string of 1s and 0s, so it means different things to different mods.