1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't modify the Mod Browser UI?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Szpilman, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Szpilman

Szpilman Void Co. Chairman

Has anyone managed to change even a string in the Mod Browser, or am I right in the suspicion that those UI files are locked and won't get replaced if we supply altered ones in a mod?

I even tried something as simple as changing a TXT_KEY label, to no avail.

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

It certainly could be improved. Too small on a high-resolution screen, should utilize all screen space (only uses about 25% on my monitor). 2-3 columns wide for the Installed Mods list would be more efficient than 1, the multi-page buttons appear in the wrong place... some other things I can't remember right now... off to work!

3. Szpilman

Szpilman Void Co. Chairman

Hey Thalassicus, do report if you are able to make even the slightest change :)

4. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

pretty sure Kael did something like this in the tutorial... I think he swapped what position "Like it" and "Report it" were in, but I don't think he followed up with it to show the changes.