Can't play tutorial

karishbhr

Chieftain
Whenever I try to load the tutorial I get an error telling me to check my directx install, my graphics drivers, etc... it only happens with the tutorial, nothing more

When I originally installed the software, it installed the directX itself. Since then I have reinstalled several times and it hasn't wanted to reinstall it.

I will try reinstalling the direct x on the CD manually.

I have noted, however, that it's not just the tutorial, sometimes the program will start sometimes it won't - however, it will never run the tutorial.

I reinstalled Direct X and I reinstalled the game. I still can't even load it. The game has actually loaded several times, but now I can't get it to load at all.

Right now, several of the directories and the ini file are showing up as shortcuts instead of as files. Is that because I have not actually run the game once yet?

Here is what I have done so far:

I have reinstalled Direct X from the CD
I have updated graphics and sound drivers and updated the bios.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times.

I have applied the latest patch.

I can not even get into the game.

I have read all of the suggestions on the forum, and I'm just not sure where to move forward.

Any suggestions?

I called Firaxis tech support. They say that my video card will not run the game despite the fact that it has 512 mb on it. It is not strong enough to support some of the graphics formats the game uses. I have a nvidia quadro NVAS 120M, based on the GEforce Go7400 chipset.

I have a Centrino Duo chip with 2gb memory also. Isn't there some sort of emulator I could run? Even with an emulation going, I think my machine would still be fast enough to play the game.

Top Bottom