Can't take 'Enhance' religion?

BigChiefLizzy

Warlord
Finally got another great prophet, but the option to enhance religion is not available.

Have I left it too late? I think it might be because I just hit the industrial era. I wanted to enhance my religion if only to get access to inquisitors... Korea keeps flipping my bigger cities and I used my last great prophet to flip them back. I'm not producing much faith and wanted inquisitors available so I can use my faith to buy great scientists and maybe merchants, and still be able to counter korea's missionaries & prophets.

I think [?] that the unit needs to be in the capital city to do it.

I had this recently, where I got a Great Prophet from wonder construction in my second city and was unable to enhance. Moving it to the capital fixed this and I was able to use it.

@theadder - thanks that sounds reasonable, can't test as I used the GP to remove other religions... need to wait for another :(

@bryanw1995 - A good plan, they are first on my hit list :) But am wary of the hwachas, I got shot to pieces in my first game in G&K and that was against a city with one compound bowman in, I don't want to mess with Hwacha's until I have better units.

Finally got another great prophet, but the option to enhance religion is not available.
It seems that if you use the great prophet to spread your religion (1 to 3 times), then it's no longer possible to use it to enhance your religion (even if you bring it back inside your holy city)...

if your cap loses its religion one of your other cities becomes the holy capital. you could send your GP to the new holy capital and enhance. i think the GP has to be in whatever is considered the Holy Capital to enhance.

theadder is almost there, I think. In order to enhance a religion, the Great Prophet needs to be in the Holy City of that religion - while this is usually your capital, there are times when it isn't (when the Great Prophet founded a religion elsewhere). But in essence, it probably comes out the same, I'm just being pedantic.

Bumping this thread beacuse I need help.

I can't enhance my religion, I don't know why beacuse I fullfill are requeirements:

Have founded a religion - yes
Got a second GP - yes
Put him in my religion's holy city - yes (he spawned there)
Does he still have all of his four "spread religion" uses left? - Yes, he is unused.
have I enhanced before? - No, my religion is unenhanced

I don't know what is wrong. I tried taking him out of the city and then back in, it didn't work, UI saved the game and restarted Civ, didn't help, I waited 20 turns, didn't help. He just stood there, unable to enhance my religion. After about 20 turns I finally sent him away to convert cities, now I have a new GP but it's the same story, all demands are fullfilled but still no enhancing is possible.

And now all the good beliefs might have been taken... damnit. Why isn't it working?

Might be worth mentioning, i have a few mods working... and two that affects religion, one that gives you another belief and another that adds in 30 historic religions. Altough this is not my first game with these mods and it did not stop me from enhancing in another game.
I'm also playing as Etruria, a mod-faction.

Please post a save file, with a list of the mods required to load the save.

How am I supposed to do that? I tried copying it in, it didn't work.

Can I just name the mods or do I need to post the mod files as well?

Just list the mods in your post -- it makes it much easier for folks to load your save file if they know what mods they need to enable.

To attach a file, you can use the "Manage Attachments" option (use the Go Advanced menu when composing your post) to upload your Civ5Sav file to this site, or you can upload the save to a third-party file repository (e.g., Dropbox) and link to the save. If you go the Manage Attachments route and it says your Civ5Sav file is too large, just zip the file before uploading -- CFC has a higher file size limit for zipped files.

Just list the mods in your post -- it makes it much easier for folks to load your save file if they know what mods they need to enable.

To attach a file, you can use the "Manage Attachments" option (use the Go Advanced menu when composing your post) to upload your Civ5Sav file to this site, or you can upload the save to a third-party file repository (e.g., Dropbox) and link to the save. If you go the Manage Attachments route and it says your Civ5Sav file is too large, just zip the file before uploading -- CFC has a higher file size limit for zipped files.

Here is the following mods I currently have activated:

Mods:
Move capital (v.2)
Mercenary Army Expanded (v.1)
Longer eras - Historic (v.8)
Improved Piety (v.1)
Krajzen's buffs collection (v.1)
Religion - Improved customization (v.1)
Less warmonger hate (v.10)
Faster plot expansion (v.1)
More great musicians (v.2)
Historical religions Edit (Bnk or Gk) (v.30)
Civ names by policies (v.4)
Great admiral Aquaculture (v.1)

Factions:
JFD's the Kingdom of Armenia (v.2)
Seleucid Empire (v.1)
Etruscan civilisation (v.7)
Kingdom of Mitanni (v.2)

Maps, not used in the game:
Terraformed Mars Pangaea style (v.1)
Islas malvinas (Falklands islands)(v.1)

Attachments

• Etrurian League.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 300
Have you run out of beliefs (particularly Enhancer Beliefs)?

I don't know about all the mods you are running, but if you allow extra religions and/or extra beliefs, it may be possible that there are none left to choose from.

Otherwise I would guess that one of those Religion mods created the problem. Or it could be the interaction between multiple mods (probably religion ones).

Have you run out of beliefs (particularly Enhancer Beliefs)?

I don't know about all the mods you are running, but if you allow extra religions and/or extra beliefs, it may be possible that there are none left to choose from.

Otherwise I would guess that one of those Religion mods created the problem. Or it could be the interaction between multiple mods (probably religion ones).

That might be the problem, I donwloaded the Ingame Editor to force-enhance, it's possible but I can only choose a second follower belief not an enhancer belief beacuse they're all choosen already i guess... which means that I can't ehance anyway, I also noticed that I forgot my additional belief in the beginning meaning that my religion is stuck with 2 out of 5 beliefs...

Yeah anyway, I'm building piety so I will get a reformation belief... 3 out of six.

I used the IGE to get two quick-researched techs and a free policy instead and continued playing.

Maybe i should download that mod that adds extra beliefs...

(yeah, I know it's an old thread) I just ran into this; got my free great prophet from the Piety finisher and was not able to enhance my religion. So I made a holy site and waited for my next "natural" GP and did not have the enhance option for it either. Maybe you can't enhance a religion if you've already added a reformation belief? I took Reformation early to make sure Jesuit Education was still available because I wanted that one in this game and it sometimes goes fast.

Top Bottom