Can't use uranium?

wades

Chieftain
I have this situation where I can't use a resource that I think I ought to be able to. Specifically I have some uranium in my territory, and I have mined it and it is on my road network, but uranium does not show up in my list of resources (I'm using the BUG mod) and the unit I want to build (attack sub) is grayed out on the city build menus with "requires uranium" in red.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Tech Fission.

That's the fastest and most concise answer to a question I've seen for a long time, and from your first post! :goodjob:

To elaborate, being able to mine the uranium simply allows you to get the hammer and commerce bonus from the tile. When you have the tech Fission, the mine grants access to the resource (or you could use a fort).

This little nuance actually applies to every resource but uranium is the only one where you can build the required improvement (a mine) before you have the tech that allows that improvement to connect the resource. ;) Hence the confusion for newer players...

Also, a less likely solution to your problem is that you traded away all of your sources of uranium.

No, "Tech Fission" was the answer. And I'd suspected as much.

I thought I scoured the Civlopedia pretty thoroughly for confirmation, but I couldn't find anything that said as much.

If you look at the civilopedia entry for uranium, it says physics reveals, fission enables. Use the force wisely :D

You can gain some economic benefits from it before being able to use it in nukes and nuclear reactors. Not very widely known, but uranium can be used to make a really good steel alloy. Well, it would be great, except it gives you cancer. It took a while before we learned that, so...

One of the most asked questions on the forums: "I have a uranium mine but no uranium! Why is that?"

Much worse over at the FFHII forums. In that mod, Copper and Iron are both revealed by the tech proceeding the tech that enables them, causing much woe and confusion to new players over there.

Top Bottom