Capital vs Satellites

Thal: I didn't want to make a new thread for this (it's a very minor point), but I just remembered we discussed making the gold return from ancient ruins less random (or even just a fixed number).

Maybe with the new empirewide free gold per turn, the reward should be something like 150:c5gold: (?) to remain competitive with, say, the 50:c5culture: ones?

Is the Capital vs Satellite rebalancing supposed to only apply to the human player? Maybe this should be in Bug Reports, but on v141.2, the two AI Capitals I've seen still have approximately 5 of each yield.
Spoiler :

Also, I didn't read anything in the patch notes about the Gold goody hut; has it been silently changed?

AIs used to start with free gold, techs, etc. I replaced that with yields per turn, as part of the early vs late goal for making early game easier and late game harder. The yields scale to difficulty level. Emperor peaceful AIs previously got 2 free techs worth 160:c5science:. Now they get 3:c5science: per turn (double if a militaristic AI).

However, I just realized this is counterproductive if the human player captures the capital city. I have that "player yield" system in place now, so I will move the bonuses there instead.

Makes sense!

The per-player yields aren't subject to any modifiers, yes?

Not yet, but it will. I've been gradually updating some old things I did last year to now be player modifiers. I used to avoid it due to AI concerns... not an issue anymore with the AI gold spending system.

Top Bottom