Cartography Room

comparison to what???

I didnt' know what you were looking for so here is with the worked tiles on and off

Sorry can't help you right now. I'm at work and don't have the laptop with civ here.

If you are going to make some comment about us having a taxman is the same as Springfield's taxman, don't. They are different situations. They can get two more shields out of that guy to get up to 10 spt and we are just minimizing wasted shields/food.

I don't know if it's been said already, but I noticed Dancing Banana's founded date is 3050 BC...either they walked for...19 turns (I think), or they moved the palace.

New embassies, with Simpleton to compare :) .

Didn't post in the turnlog, literally have to run out the door, just did what Tubs said.

Attachments

• MIAEmbassy.JPG
    MIAEmbassy.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 199
  • TNTEmbassy.JPG
    TNTEmbassy.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Dnutembassy.JPG
    Dnutembassy.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 191
  • KISSEmbassy.JPG
    KISSEmbassy.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 230
That's just odd that D'nut could get h at least 2 shields and 1 food to get them up to 10 shields per turn.

wrt MIA, they apparently are doing a +4, +6, +4, +6. This way they can share a food bonus with another city. not too odd, but requires attention every turn.

Here is my attempt to map a road map. the numbers represent the number of turns before a worker is completely done with the road and able to move on (ie: SP number of turns). I did this mainly due to the fact that a partially completed roadway is useless until it is connecting the lux to our core.

I tried to map out the quickest route. If someone can see a quicker way, then by all means let us know. Also I wasn't sure about the jungle & swamp roading turns. I assume that they are 9 like a mountain.

The road to the spices ends with the spices being roaded. The New City 1 is where the incense city needs to be placed in 2 turns (well 3 including the turn it's founded)

Attachments

• road map.jpg
    road map.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 228
Tubby, there is no end to your number-crunching. :lol: You are 'da man!

I double checked the city planning thread, here is a link to the last dot map
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=125996&page=11

Per that screen, there is a city planned for the hill SW of Dunderhead. I just wanted to bring that up in case it would adjust the precise path of the road.

I hope all the Yanks have a happy Thanksgiving. I know I will, my inlaws have DSL :goodjob:

The settler pump is off. and the workers will make short work of the road.

We need to set our workers up in gangs of three to speed the progress.

I think we need to swich the settler pump on after maybe every fourth worker. We still need to keep expanding.

@Booti: the road plan will change above the Y if we respect the dotmap, but nothing below would be better.

From the mountain, we'd go S-SW(town on the forest)-S(the Y). From the mountain again, we'd go N(city on the grassland 3SE of SKWTD)-NE(already done)-NE(already done).

Here's the F11 for turn 66.

Attachments

• kissfeleven.JPG
    kissfeleven.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 216
OK Bugs. I was thinking that we could have two settler pumps after the appropriate number of workers were out. If we want to squeeze a settler in after 2 more worker in Simpleton then that's reasonable. we're starting to get a good number of workers although we still need a few more.

We currently have 15 workers... that's 1.666 per city. a little less than 7 tiles per worker. How many did we say was enough? I know that we wanted to keep going on the workers just for joining purposes, but when should that happen? at 2 workers per city?

Right now we have 9 cities with 2 settlers on their way to their designated location. so 2 workers per city would be 22 and we'll have that in 6 turns.

After we switch Simpleton back to settlers, Dunderhead should continue pumping workers out to add to our core cities to start pumping military.

I have to say that I've never set up a worker pump, but I think that they could be more of a game-breaker than a settler pump would.

We want to have workers in multiples of threes. I would say a minimum of 21 workers.

Note: You move three workers to a regular tile and you can road it next turn. Two turns for hills, three turns for mountains and jungles.

Tubs do you think we can focus all new workers out of Dunderhead towards the Lux Road and workers out of Simpleton towards city development?

There will be some lost movement because of the rivers but I'd think this can be a focus for each of these cities. Dunderhead would benefit from another MP btw.

I'm with Bugs, I would like to see an on again - off again settler pump. I don't pretend to have the math skills to make corruption determinations etc., but I always like to see more cities.

And if memory serves (an increasingly rare condition) I think the number of workers we should shoot for was 30.

Okay, further comments will be in an apporpriate thread...:blush:

Top Bottom