'Cause I'm the Taxman

If you know the power ratio and note what has been given before, it should be possible to guess in around 10-15% margin.
Especially easy if you ask gold all the time. With tech. is a bit hard but the value should be possible to calculate too.

"Easy" exploit: hit the button some more than 2 billion times (2^31) and the refusal due to recent demands will be ignored.

"Easy" exploit: hit the button some more then 2 billion times (2^31) and the refusal due to recent demands will be ignored.

Haha :D Got to love Civ and their signed integers for everything...

So, if we click at a rate of 4 clicks per second, it will take 17 years for the counter to overflow.

Who takes the first shift?

HoF scores: No big, since you will simply saturate the max from a pleased AI . Which is not much: 4 gold per w/ equal power and 8 if you have double their power. Provided you are a land target. Close to nothing (3 times less) if you are not.

For instance on turn 150 you can ask 1600 gold if you have double their power AND it's the 1st successful request, i.e nothing given before. On turn 151 the max you'd get if the AI forgets the request or overflow the counter it's 8 gold (or 7 if the prev. request truly hit the max)

Started playing and got to trade for CS 2 turns in. [party]

Football (PL) starting so taking a pause -- will finish tonight.

Turn 150
-Traded for feudalism with Sury and begged some gold.
-Changed EP to Joao. The EP is useless on Pericles.

Turn 151
-Feudalism+260 gold to SB for machinery -> beg 100 gold.
-Gems to Joao for wheat (have enough happiness atm and Joao is in HR anyway).
-Whip forge in Bibracte.

Pericles decides to lure a barbarian galley towards us. :mad:

Turn 152
-Machinery+360 gold to Suryavarman for Civil Service! :)
-We've won the corn in Sparta.
-Adopt caste+bureaucracy.

Cottage rant: We can't chain irrigate the rice in Vienne nor the corn in Sparta without destroying cottages. It would've been better to keep these grassland tiles open and work coast/whip instead.

Turn 153
Finish a chop in Bibracte bringing Moai down to only 1 turn.

Turn 154
-Joao requests ivory -- I accept. We can cancel in 10 turns.
-Sury has built the AP!
-Sell Stalin sugar for 7 gold. Our last source, but we have enough happiness atm -- we can cancel later if needed. We're in the process of grabbing the one on Sury's island as well.
-Sell KK clam for 3 gpt.

Turn 155
AP votes in; SB is voting for us so we have enough to win the elections -- vote for Taxman next time. I voted for Sury so he's currently the head.
-Sury DoW Joao!

Turn 156
-Buddhist shrine up for 18 gpt.

We're 1 turn too late for the sheep. The barbarian galley forced me to take it slow and it cost us the spot. :(

Turn 157
Nothing special.

Turn 158
-Stalin wants us to stop trading with SB -- I decline. I proceed to check his status and he's in WHEOOH again.
-Civil Service+10 gold to KK for compass

Turn 159
-KK asks that we convert to Hindusim -- I decline.
-We're #1 in MFG.

We've created a monster!

Turn 160
-Stalin has completed Notre Dame in Moscow (will be nice to have when we adopt US).
-Settle city Bagacum :)lol:) south of Argos. (No, it was not renamed)

Turn 161
Compass to SB for 160 gold. He's worst enemy of Stalin but that's np.

Other stuff:
Get a mace in Bagacum :)lol: this city will kill me) from Gergovia for the Russian/Greek war.
Started making some units -- we should be ready to welcome Stalin's stack soon (or now).
We should get a missionary for Gergovia at some point, but right now it will be whipping units so not urgent.
Athens is growing in 1. We can assign a 3rd priest next turn to shave off 2 turns on the GP.

That's all I can remember right now.

RRRaskolnikov is up.

Attachments

• Taxman AD-1010.CivBeyondSwordSave
    270.6 KB · Views: 55
Not at all.

Whipping is just as good at low sizes with a granary.
A mine wouldn't hook up the copper anyway -- we need a bunch of roads. And when we're at war with Greece we lose it again. The only way to get the copper reliably is with a fort and there goes your 1F4H tile.

Lumber mill on a tundra forest? Are you being serious? :D
That's so far ahead, and even then it's nothing worth writing home about. It's decent with railroad.

And the #1 reason: chopping the forest lets us 1-pop whip the granary at size 2.

@team: please try to comment by tonight, as it's my only possibility to play until next monday ... I'll try to post a short plan after work :) tx in advance.

@Rusten: Where are the catapults? Oh! in Stalin's stack... :run: :lol: (seriously, i'd prefer him to not declare ibt, though it should be ok as he will likely remove cultural defense first...) Good job on the round obviously ;)

We can get the Copper by Forting that (currently) chopped Tundra and roading to it. Can't road to Bag'o'cum without crossing Greek territory.

I actually thought about the EP in my set when we got lights on for him, but decided against since I thought we might accumulate enough for stealing a tech some day. D'oh! Should put post-its on my monitor for this variant... "CAN'T STEAL TECHS" "CAN'T BACKFILL ON THE CHEAP"

More comments after looking save.

EDIT: comments:

Heh, I chuckled when I saw Sury's CR3 Maces-upgraded-from-Mongolian-war-veterans stack :D

Would be so perfect if Stalin decided to backstab Sury right now to put some reins on this monster of ours. Wish he had the cojones to DoW at least either of us this time around to avoid DoW diplo penalty (Sury is actually Pleased with him, wtf).

Not that much to say, didn't even notice any blatant micro mistakes! Still need to gear up for the war a lot, we'd be slightly in trouble if Stalin DoWed on us next turn. At least now we aren't hugely outdated in military tech until Stalin gets Gren/Rifles (yeah, he won't without some bizarro MS beeline) :)

Random comment: Seems Durnovaria got the cross, so that's 5 religions we have for those keeping count, and the 6th is in St. Pete's. If we wanted, we could get a culture setup going lightning fast with US. Though without the slider we'd need Corpos for them to actually do anything. Not that Corpos (read: Sushi) would be bad, very well in the spirit of the variant and this crazy archipelago :) Getting it first is harder than usual of course...

I took a look at the save, I consider the game over :). Build 4-5 suicide catas a couple of maces for the Greek island, buy the fast road tech when it's available. Declare on Stalin, he has no stack defense vs the jumbos (what a moron) kill his stack and proceed to take his cities.

By the way, is it just me or the great library is not built yet?

Declare on Stalin, he has no stack defense vs the jumbos (what a moron) kill his stack and proceed to take his cities.

Yeah, but his stack is bigger than ours (20 ~ 25 units) so we can't attack it without siege and hope to hold the city ibt, even if we will beat his units. I would rather send the cats in Tolosa, and take on greeks as we can :)

Don't think it'll be that easy. He recently got Engineering which means Pikes and Castles, neither of which is going to give us an easy time. Without spy slider in particular taking cities will be a royal PITA. Just 50 bombards to 0%...

I mean stay in the city w/ all the troops inside before you kill his stack.
W/ castle he will stay there as sitting duck bombarding it while you kill his units. He won't attack before bombards it down, another great general (since it will be in your own territory x2), or actually before you take his troops out and you dont get any war weariness which is a bonus.

Not sure but it's likely to be able to bribe Sury to war (if he ends the current w/ Joao) and use him to bombard Stalin's cities.

I seriously think you'd be soon winning convincingly.

Random comment: Seems Durnovaria got the cross, so that's 5 religions we have for those keeping count, and the 6th is in St. Pete's. If we wanted, we could get a culture setup going lightning fast with US. Though without the slider we'd need Corpos for them to actually do anything. Not that Corpos (read: Sushi) would be bad, very well in the spirit of the variant and this crazy archipelago :) Getting it first is harder than usual of course...

I noticed your comment last week... With the slider, it would be pretty easy. Without it, don't know (never done it). Sushi will be tricky to get here, and might take quite a while, given the tech pace. Are we even allowed to run artists? They contribute beakers.

The dye 2N of Vienne is slowly flipping (down 1% since last set). The next border pop might do the trick - it's happening in 20t, and I'm not sure how to speed it up. Wish we had Drama and/or Music by now.

I think we should build up more troops. Doesn't look like enough to me. The cities on the mainland should just be pumping them out now.

Should we extort from Pericles at some point before the war? He only has 30g now, but if he gets over a 100, maybe should.

Plan:

Start whipping cities (Vienne, Bibracte, iron crappy city). Switch Bibracte to a cat and whip a mace in two turns for instance. Whip a LB in Tolosa if Jo dows (taking the penalty). I prefer that than upgrading archers as the upgrades are costly (90 each iirc).

I will reinforce Sparta, Athen, BagawhatRusten? with some maces to avoid loosing them :D

Wait for Stalin's dow or dogpile if he takes on Sury, or dow when I have 5/6 cats (which shouldn't take long).

civics: 5 turns of slavery (well one turn minimum, but that's an estimation) -> 5 turns of caste if I feel our forces are sufficient to take on russians... we need caste to pop a couple of borders.

I don't see interesting trades (tech/resource) now, i will obviously get engeenering if Sury gets it.

Any other thing?

Ras

Top Bottom