'Cause I'm the Taxman

Haha, gotta love how we have -75% war weariness and capital still has +10 unhappiness from WW. I can't see our war weariness number - is it off the chart? :) Great job :goodjob:

^^ Don't know why we can't see them either... the game know they are irrelevant now maybe :lol:

@BBP (iirc u are up): there are some units left in the new world that are to be airlifted, so try to have one ready in city with airport at the start of the turn (if the unit has moved, it can't be airlifted). It takes a little more time at the end turn to arrange them but at the point where we are... Have fun! (shouldn't be long, just wait for border pops)

:bump:
Where's the team captain at? Am I up?
I could have some time this weekend. Probably take 2 hrs to just look over the save before making a move. :lol:
Golden age now? I'll have to see if we can starve a city down for an Artist during the GA.

Pretty sure you're up. Yeah, GA right away, as it is I think it's entirely possible this game won't last more than 12 turns. Though I'm not sure if we should accept Sury's capitulation if he offers it... we might not have enough land with him only as a vassal, not sure. I guess this is pretty straightforward now discussion-wise so not that much to talk about (not so straightforward microwise).

Yes, you're up. Just follow your whim when playing, no need for a detailed and approved plan.

I'd write some thoughts, but it's already taken me ten minutes to write this post, I'm on a ridiculous layout of a french keyboard.

I just spent some time studying the save. We can definitely cap Sury as soon as he's willing. Right now, with 50% his tiles we'd hit domination when a few cities come out of revolt.

Not sure if I'll get around to actually playing today, maybe 1t or so. I'll have time tmr, for sure.

1t played, took 3 mainland cities and we're at 4x power now. No cap yet. Only missing 100 tiles at this point, but the cities will take a long while to come out revolt. I'll continue a bit later...

Cap is EXTREMELY unlikely while he has two vassals, it's a stretch even with two. So indeed I guess we can cap him ASAP when he's willing. I guess we want peace with Mehmed if he breaks, but not with KK. Good luck with your micro endeavors! ;)

Well, we don't need him to cap. Just saves me lots more unit moving if it happens. :lol: I think we already have enough land, but it'll be 10-ish turns before all cities come out of revolt.

Game over, folks! :goodjob: everyone!
It took 7t and about 4 hrs. 1894 AD Domination win. Could have taken about 2-3t, if I had remembered to build some settlers, raze everything and just end it. :mischief:
In the end, there's only one city on the mainland that doesn't belong to us, and it's surrounded by about 100 tanks.
KK briefly broke free, but promptly vassalized to Sury again the next turn. :lol:
I've attached the save.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Taxman AD-1894.CivBeyondSwordSave
    704.9 KB · Views: 61
This was an amazing game. I'm really glad I got to participate, even if I didn't quite contribute much (a lot of the discussion was over my head). If it was solo, I think I would've given up at about 10 different points in this game. :D Learned a lot from you guys.

Hooray! The game ended just in time! :D Well played everyone, this was easily one of my most interesting Civ games ever (plus my first SG). What's next, whole game with 100% EP slider after worker techs? :lol:

Fun fact: we have 60.3x Pericles' power. :)

Meh, done to death, 100% culture slider with no cultural victory allowed (and like this game no science in general) could be interesting.....

I really, really doubt there have been many games where the EP slider has been 100% for the whole duration of the game after worker techs (would basically be OCC, or simply total failure if Alpha is not allowed :D ). Anyhow, I wasn't seriously suggesting it - none of the other sliders strike me as that interesting :)

congratulations.

@silu,
it's doable w/ 100% EP slider: there are:
huts, gifts and the most obvious bulb: for alphabet i mean (bulb need writing, though).
Once Alphabet and CoL are in, the game is quite easy (obviously).

The most important for winning the game: the all-broken lighthouse. You were unlucky w/ the creative rivals in your face. In other circumstances by using vassals to tech for you would have been not so epic.

I really, really doubt there have been many games where the EP slider has been 100% for the whole duration of the game after worker techs
I guess it wasn't 100% all game, but once you get some merchants running and/or a decent shrine, I don't see it being much different than the pure steal only games. Though, yes, alphabet would be required.

Well done guys :) I echo bbp's sentiments in that I wasn't sure whether you guys would be able to pull out the win. That aggressive move against Stalin really paid off.

Great, nicely done everyone! :) I enjoyed this one, the starting location was brutal and the variant proved to be fun.

Top Bottom