Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. jamiew

jamiew Chieftain

It was, but I just took everything off my laptop. I am now installing Civ IV gold edition.....

2. Largoi

Largoi Chieftain

Loving the mod, but having some major CTD problems. The two most common ones are bad memory allocation (or something like that) and I'm forced to close CIV. The other is just a straight CTD which usually happens either during the AI's turn just before my turn is about to start or when I try and contact an AI. When I restart I don't have the same problem.

Just wondering if it's something that can easily be fixed by doing something or if it's just my computer that's the problem.

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

The memory problem is in the FAQ's, and also the random crashes are addressed.

Thx for trying this mod, and Welcome to CFC.

4. jamiew

jamiew Chieftain

thanks for the help. The mod is great. It is almost a Civ V game. I have the crashing problem too. I'll check out FAQ.

5. Largoi

Largoi Chieftain

Playing a standard size map now, working like a charm.

One possible bug that happened to me was that i got a random ctd a few turns after I built the oracle. So I loaded the autosave which was incidentally the same turn as the oracle was finished building, the game let me choose a free tech but I didn't get one, the game said I had already chosen one, which I know to be false.

6. SHADOW-XIII

SHADOW-XIII Chieftain

Using 006 and found this:
    - town watchmen are pink (to texture)
    - city building list is mixed up (bit annoying), would be great to go to standard list sort up (units, buildings, wonders. now is: units, buildings, wonders, buildings, wonders)

oh and, is there any way to remove the world wonder per city limit ?

7. Faeldrake

Faeldrake Chieftain

Ok, this is the probably buggiest mod I've ever played. Every tie I start a game, multi, single, custom doesn't mater. It always crashes once the game reaches the 'InitGraphics' thing. It once worked, a couple weeks ago, but now it doesn't. Tried to reinstall, tried all configuration, update DirectX everything. Every time it reaches 'InitGraphics' it "Requests to terminate in an unusual way". Please, help me. This mod is awesome and I would love to play it again. I'm on XP Professional, 4GB RAM, Intel Dual something, ATI Radeon HD 4650

8. amiga500

amiga500 Chieftain

Hello,
    great respect to your progress but do not upload new and new unfinished and not fully working mods amd make one truly working!:cry:

wish the best..

9. strategyonly

Sorry about all the mistakes with 006, i was just testing something out, i wanted to use it as a beata, as i stated in an earlier post, but i again forgot (nothing unusual for me). So i guess the best would be stay with 005 till i can get with Zappara and Afforess (and others of course) and get a good product out. His eta isn't till late February for his newer changes and then i can incorporate alot of the stuff i have made changes to.

http://www.filefront.com/14713533/Next-War-Advanced.rar/

10. volleyballguy79

volleyballguy79 Chieftain

Still love this mod - it's really the only one I play. Really like the other religions. Keep up the good work!

11. strategyonly

12. Asthix

Asthix Prognosticator

Haha, wow! Only a Minnesotan would find that awesome. But I am so it totally was!!! :banana:

alright, the christmas smilies are gone!:)

13. strategyonly

14. strategyonly

OK the new version of beta is out, it has RoM 2.81, AND 1.60 beta 12, and alot more changes included.

15. cha dawn

cha dawn Warlord

What is different between this mod and ROM + AND ?

16. strategyonly

This one has ALOT of differences, for example, i have ALOT more religions added, i have Marauder Promotion for Horse units, i have Espionage promotions for other units, animals can be captured, it has like 20 or more extra civs added, and five more by me(withOUT the MEGA pack), when you have the Charity civic and have reached medieval era you get FREE extra units per worker, etc etc.;)

I just dont want to add to much right now, cause i am waiting for 2.9 from Zappara.

17. Fortnox

Fortnox Chieftain

Love your mod man I've been playing v.03 for years, thought I'd try the latest version but it crashes to desktop when I try to run it D: The loading screen appears but before the progress bar goes anywhere it crashes. The only fix I've tried so far is patching BTS to the latest version which hasn't changed anything. I might try v05 you linked to earlier and see if it works

18. strategyonly

Only way it could crash is because your havent updated to 3.19 or put it in the wrong directory.

19. Eagle_eye

Eagle_eye Chieftain

I have the same issue. When I run the mod it gets as far as loading xml then ctd, without any error message

20. strategyonly

OK i just downloaded it, installed it, NO PROBLEMS whatsoever??

What are your computer specs, cause it does take a BIG computer to run this, cause it is a HUGE mod.