Caveman 2 Cosmos

Well, then I guess I'm screwed, I did resolve a couple of conflicts when updating from SVN, so if I revert now, I'll have to re-resolve, then resolve again, and that's a huge pain... (most of the conflicts revolve around the scaling mod for maps that have space).

So, revision 11132 breaks the space map scenarios too? Will that get fixed in future, or does it mean that only saves made before that change get broken, and otherwise the game should work fine?

P.S. I'm really unlucky with this mod lately :(

Well, then I guess I'm screwed, I did resolve a couple of conflicts when updating from SVN, so if I revert now, I'll have to re-resolve, then resolve again, and that's a huge pain... (most of the conflicts revolve around the scaling mod for maps that have space).

So, revision 11132 breaks the space map scenarios too? Will that get fixed in future, or does it mean that only saves made before that change get broken, and otherwise the game should work fine?

P.S. I'm really unlucky with this mod lately :(
Do complete cleanup then - conflicts mean that you changed something in mod.

11132 breaks scenarios that weren't included in mod.
Modmods are broken too, unless they were updated.

Do complete cleanup then - conflicts mean that you changed something in mod.

11132 breaks scenarios that weren't included in mod.
Modmods are broken too, unless they were updated.
I had a couple of local changes too, but I actually used "theirs" when resolving most of the conflicts, so most of the things (excluding the latitude/longitude scaling) are as they are in the repo.

Which of the modmods are broken? I didn't install any modmods explicitly, but some of the modmods became merged to SVN (such as the Space Maps, the Future Eras, the PPIO mod etc). Will those things work?

Which of the modmods are broken? I didn't install any modmods explicitly, but some of the modmods became merged to SVN (such as the Space Maps, the Future Eras, the PPIO mod etc). Will those things work?
Absolutely all modmods are broken except my latitude rescale/no limits modmod.
I think Toffer updated his MtoS modmod.

Space scenarios, that are in mod will work, all maps outside of mod are broken, maybe some of them got updated (like pits big map).
Also PPIO/Space colonization modmods on forums are part of mod
No need to download them, or you will break game.

Savebreaking changes are permament, because things were renamed internally and gameoptions were sorted, renamed or removed if they were hidden and always enabled.

That bug with calendar resetting after going past amount of turns allocated in game speed (for example past 1000th turn on blitz) is now fixed on github - now date always is remembered/calculated on load.
It was very simple one liner bug.

Now you can hack an "endless" or calendarless game by doing this:
Code:
<GameTurnInfos>
                <GameTurnInfo>
                    <iMonthIncrement>12</iMonthIncrement>
                    <iTurnsPerIncrement>1</iTurnsPerIncrement>
                </GameTurnInfo>
            </GameTurnInfos>
You might want to have unselected mastery/time victories, as those will trigger immediately lol.
Space race game can be completed normally.
Scientific victory needs pepper module to be off, if you are playing on ordinary scenario/map, otherwise game has effectively no victory conditions.

This is how speed of game is defined.
This one is 10x slower than Normal gamespeed.
Code:
            <Type>GAMESPEED_ETERNITY</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_ETERNITY</Description>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_ETERNITY_HELP</Help>
            <iHurryPercent>100</iHurryPercent>
            <iGrowthPercent>1000</iGrowthPercent>
            <iTrainPercent>1000</iTrainPercent>
            <iConstructPercent>1000</iConstructPercent>
            <iCreatePercent>1000</iCreatePercent>
            <iResearchPercent>1000</iResearchPercent>
            <iBuildPercent>1000</iBuildPercent>
            <iImprovementPercent>1000</iImprovementPercent>
            <iGreatPeoplePercent>1000</iGreatPeoplePercent>
            <iAnarchyPercent>1000</iAnarchyPercent>
            <iBarbPercent>1000</iBarbPercent>
            <iFeatureProductionPercent>1000</iFeatureProductionPercent>
            <iUnitDiscoverPercent>1000</iUnitDiscoverPercent>
            <iUnitHurryPercent>1000</iUnitHurryPercent>
            <iUnitTradePercent>1000</iUnitTradePercent>
            <iUnitGreatWorkPercent>1000</iUnitGreatWorkPercent>
            <iGoldenAgePercent>1000</iGoldenAgePercent>
            <iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>1000</iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>
            <iVictoryDelayPercent>1000</iVictoryDelayPercent>
            <iOccupationTurnsPopulationPercent>100</iOccupationTurnsPopulationPercent>
            <iTraitGainPercent>4000</iTraitGainPercent>
            <iInflationPercent>0</iInflationPercent>
            <iInflationOffset>0</iInflationOffset>
            <Percents>
                <Percent>
                    <ID>ADAPT_DEFAULT</ID>
                    <iValue>1000</iValue>
                </Percent>
                <Percent>
                    <ID>ADAPT_UNIT_YIELD</ID>
                    <iValue>315</iValue>
                </Percent>
            </Percents>

This is more of funny thing to do with mod lol.

He also added a global unit density limit so that if there's more than 8 units of any kind within the 49 plot fat cross area around the spawn point then no spawn is possible...
If that was/is the case then how did the Barbs get to be so ...explosive, ie spawn like mad both cities and Units before, when I 1st noticed and commented??? Also That type of explosive barb situation has occurred before. I had a game that I was showing T-brd either in 2018 or early 2019 that had this same behavior. I spent all of Ancient and iirc Classical eras fighting barbs before I had enough production and strong enough units to start wiping them out. The AI was a mixed bag as some with better traits survived but others did not.

The spawn values are for the initial creation for barbarians once they have a city they start to use its production for more units.

The spawn values are for the initial creation for barbarians once they have a city they start to use its production for more units.
Care then to explain How barbs start the game when there is No barb city established yet. Barb World not activated, ie turned On. Nor Barb Civ.

Care then to explain How barbs start the game when there is No barb city established yet. Barb World not activated, ie turned On. Nor Barb Civ.
Their cities are spawned in based on how much neutral land land there is on the landmass and how high a difficulty the human player is on. Barb city spawn has not been changed since a while before the savebreaking update on SVN.
Barbarian world allows barbs to start the game on turn 0 with as many pre-placed cities on the map as there are actual civ players in that game.
Barbarian World also reduce the threshold for spawning new barb cities, allowing far more maximum barb cities to be spawned.

The tweak I made to spawning based on MToS values quite recently actually didn't reduce barb unit spawning at all, it increased it because bill had inverted the logic on the iMaxLocalDensity tag.
I did reduce animal spawn frequency a bit in that recent tweak though, but just a bit.

EDIT: Also, raging barbarians pretty much doubles the amount of barbs allowed to spawn and their spawn frequency.

Last edited:
Indeed.

In "normal" Civ & mods there is XML that indicates
  1. ten(?) free turns when nothing spawns. (This is mainly there to help the AI choose a good starting place without the threat of loosing their unit. It helps the player also.)
  2. when (tech learnt by anyone) wild barbarian units start spawning and animals stop spawning.
  3. when barbarian cities start to spawn and build units
In C2C
1. the dll moders could not understand what 10 turns meant so animal spawns happen from the get go. This may have been fixed.
2a. barbarians start spawning after a tech was the standard but it was decided to make wild barbarian units spawn in the same way as animal spawns. Not sure if it kept the tech requirement or not.
  • If not it should be Cooperation or some such. ie early but not too early.
  • The frequency should increase with techs.
  • It should obsolete or become background at some tech OR
  • instead of barbarians, bandits (different to criminals, sort of;) ) should start to spawn. Bandits are similar to Barbarians but they don't work well with others so don't stack or join stacks but pillage and build Bandit Hideouts to harass trade etc.
2b. Animals are now useful throughout the game or at least the early part of the game. We probably need to look at obsoleting some of the spawns by tech if possible to make things more interesting. Locus Swarms the units are set up for this sort of thing but have not been implemented as such since they were done before the tech tag on spawns was available and they have not been looked at since then.​

Thanks DH.

On your very last subject Locust swarms, I had killed a couple in my last 2 games before the Breaking Saves SVN 11135. So they were showing up. My 2 newest games (and only games I have in my save folder atm) are post SVN 11135. I deleted ALL saves after SVN 11135. And started fresh. Civic testing has now recommenced but with a mandatory build up to get back to where I need to be. Being quarantined has given some more time to play C2C again. :p

Thanks DH.

On your very last subject Locust swarms, I had killed a couple in my last 2 games before the Breaking Saves SVN 11135. So they were showing up. My 2 newest games (and only games I have in my save folder atm) are post SVN 11135. I deleted ALL saves after SVN 11135. And started fresh. Civic testing has now recommenced but with a mandatory build up to get back to where I need to be. Being quarantined has given some more time to play C2C again. :p
The problem is that they are not showing up correctly. There are 4 sizes and I think only the smallest is active.

The problem is that they are not showing up correctly. There are 4 sizes and I think only the smallest is active.
I believe I have only seen the smallest for quite some time as well.

I see that the cultures have been reworked. I have the latest SVN version. Please see the attached save file.

Question -- why doesn't Sy Ara have "C.L. South American" showing up in its city screen? Or would it have only appeared if I were to capture three Tupi cities?

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
I see that the cultures have been reworked. I have the latest SVN version. Please see the attached save file.

Question -- why doesn't Sy Ara have "C.L. South American" showing up in its city screen? Or would it have only appeared if I were to capture three Tupi cities?
C.L. (Culture Local) are buildable ones.
It needs active culture of same type.

C.L. (Culture Local) are buildable ones.
It needs active culture of same type.
Oh, yeah, now I see it -- in the Buildings tab (I looked in the "Conceptual" tab). So to spread it, I have to build Settlers in that city, correct (South American isn't the native culture in that game) ? Do I need to do something else to be able to get that type of culture in all cities?

Oh, yeah, now I see it -- in the Buildings tab (I looked in the "Conceptual" tab). So to spread it, I have to build Settlers in that city, correct (South American isn't the native culture in that game) ? Do I need to do something else to be able to get that type of culture in all cities?
Culture Local is buildable like normal buildings.
There are four types continental cultures, @Toffer90 can explain how these work.

Culture Local is buildable like normal buildings.
There are four types continental cultures, @Toffer90 can explain how these work.
FOUR?
SAM, NAM, EUR, AFR, ASI, OCE, MID = seven!!!
Unless reworked again, but I doubt it.
Also, dunno how about NOW, but a few days ago it was utterly broken, including being unable to build Neanderthals (or more) on top of the utterly random appearance of available basic cultures.
If you conquer the entire Old World (like I just did, and that's FOUR types of basic cultures), you are almost always stuck with your initial one everywhere.
The disappearing local culture is VERY buggy.

Top Bottom