Caveman 2 Cosmos

Then you're in for quite a few huge surprises, lol.
This mod has progressed immensely over such a long time.
Whoa you weren't kidding. I used to get such a kick out of being able to a transhuman stage so you can imagine my jaw dropped when I saw there's now 3 whole eras following it. Also impressive how much actual scientific futurology is in there rather than just sci fi sounding ramble.

Whoa you weren't kidding. I used to get such a kick out of being able to a transhuman stage so you can imagine my jaw dropped when I saw there's now 3 whole eras following it. Also impressive how much actual scientific futurology is in there rather than just sci fi sounding ramble.
Er... my point was more about the immense changes to Prehistory alone, lol.
And if you recall a period when there was less ERAs... I bet there are quite a few overall game mechanics that you are unfamiliar with, too.
So, yeah, a LOT of surprise to get unlocked, I betcha.

A wee suggestion - I'm 400+ turns in and still only have stone tools. I have obsidian as a resource, but it's on a mountaintop, so I can't mine it. Since I can't see any benefit of a llama rider vs. a pack llama, allow a worker to get loaded aboard the pack llama, who takes it to the mountaintop to mine the obsidian.

A wee suggestion - I'm 400+ turns in and still only have stone tools. I have obsidian as a resource, but it's on a mountaintop, so I can't mine it. Since I can't see any benefit of a llama rider vs. a pack llama, allow a worker to get loaded aboard the pack llama, who takes it to the mountaintop to mine the obsidian.
You have to wait till you get a llamaworker or donkeyworker. They can work a mountain.

I just had another idea as to how we can address this patently: Civics.

We could create a few new civic categories to express this concept of enabling additional spending of the treasury towards particular commerce types. It may seem like a proxy slider and in some ways that's exactly what it would be. But it wouldn't be a proxy slider at a 1:1 ratio because we're 'squeezing' to get the desired results. The benefit would be that we're actually enabling more spending on other-than-gold commerces (and we could even use this kind of concept to spend on say, more production or more food output as well.)

The way it would work would be something like this:
New Category: Progressive Propaganda

[...]

[...] We'd want none of these categories to mean any anarchy time since it's really just adjustments of basic policy.
Is there any chance that some system like this is behind the thing I came to the forum to ask about, which is, what is the Policy button on the Civics screen doing? I'm in the Ancient Era and wondering if it becomes something else. It's a button but it seems to do the same thing as clicking Civics.

Is there any chance that some system like this is behind the thing I came to the forum to ask about, which is, what is the Policy button on the Civics screen doing? I'm in the Ancient Era and wondering if it becomes something else. It's a button but it seems to do the same thing as clicking Civics.
Its nothingburger and should be hidden as it doesn't do anything.

I can't load Colonists onto boats and I can't figure out why. I have Frigates, both with Transport Troops and Transport People. I tried doing it in the city and moving the Colonist onto it when they're in the water, nothing is working.

I have Frigates, both with Transport Troops and Transport People.
Both don't validate settler's type to be transported, only military and SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE like vanilla Caravel. Use a Galleon (possibly Fluyt?).

Last edited:
I suggest adding this billw video to the first post here :
It doesn't matter if it became obsolete almost as soon as it was made, it's the sheer scale of it that matters, and these techs fly by too fast to notice the differences anyway...
And I'd argue it might be the best advertising that C2C has (might need a soundtrack ?), because of how it manages to convey in a few seconds the difference between C2C and other mods (and even other strategy games).

I suggest adding this billw video to the first post here :
It doesn't matter if it became obsolete almost as soon as it was made, it's the sheer scale of it that matters, and these techs fly by too fast to notice the differences anyway...
And I'd argue it might be the best advertising that C2C has (might need a soundtrack ?), because of how it manages to convey in a few seconds the difference between C2C and other mods (and even other strategy games).
MUST be Featured at the very front page of anything C2C, definitely.
This is like Path of Exile's [Skill Forest], but better.
LOL!

This is a random question, but why does Sikhism not have a Monastery? :)

Hi, i would love to try this mod out but before i sink +1000 hours into it my main question is - does it solve the doom stack of hell issue from original civ4?

Hi, i would love to try this mod out but before i sink +1000 hours into it my main question is - does it solve the doom stack of hell issue from original civ4?
Depends I suppose on what you mean the 'issue' is. Does it make it combat elements a hell of a lot more interesting and not so singularly answerable by assembling just a massive stack of doom? Yes. With Size Matters and Surround and Destroy and other combat mods, as well the way distance combat works, and more to come. Does it eliminate doomstacks as a strategy? No because we didn't think of it as a bad thing to start with.

Even CivIV itself had the answer of nukes and collateral attacks to make doomstacks not the end all be all strategy. I had doomstacks try to break through passages only to be completely broken by some well placed machine guns. They aren't everything.

Plus, the combat engine in C2C makes overwhelmingly unlikely victories not so likely to ALWAYS gradually get an edge if you just keep throwing enough units at it because with the recalculation between rounds of battle to unit power that wasn't taking place in original CivIV combat systems, a strong set of unaddressed first strikes from the defender may weaken attackers to the point its nearly impossible to do further damage - this wasn't the case in original where mere numbers of vastly underpowered units could overcome nearly any target eventually.

Anyhow, the short answer should be that it's a hell of a lot more interesting combat than any other civ version has ever given us, and it's not TOO far off that it will suddenly blossom into something MUCH cooler still once I can get this dang unit review and rebalance done, and install the rest of the more basic planned combat mods.

If the 'issue' you had with doomstacks was how many units were in them, try Size Matters to help you with condensing many units into fewer more powerful ones with merges.

Awesome, downloading in progress :goodjob: thanks for prompt reply! I am reading through Player Guide, it is amazing how much stuff is in this mod wow

Awesome, downloading in progress :goodjob: thanks for prompt reply! I am reading through Player Guide, it is amazing how much stuff is in this mod wow
A lot of it is yet unpolished, but yes, it's very extensive compared to Vanilla or most other mods.
And its major differences show up pretty much from the nearly very start.
You'll see, lol.

Top Bottom