Caveman 2 Cosmos

I like this idea but i think entire properties system should be somehow reworked.

Because now from player perspective is very difficult to predict what will be the effect of this property. Effects should be more linear.

Basic civ4 properties are simple and linear ex every unhealthy gives 1 negative food.

So my proposal

1 disease (sickness)= -1 hammer
1 crime = -1 gold
1 tourism = + 0.1 gold per pop
1 entertainment = + 0.1 happines per pop
1 pollution = - 0.1 health per pop

I like this idea but i think entire properties system should be somehow reworked.

Because now from player perspective is very difficult to predict what will be the effect of this property. Effects should be more linear.

Basic civ4 properties are simple and linear ex every unhealthy gives 1 negative food.

So my proposal

1 disease (sickness)= -1 hammer
1 crime = -1 gold
1 tourism = + 0.1 gold per pop
1 entertainment = + 0.1 happines per pop
1 pollution = - 0.1 health per pop

You'd need an autobuilding for every point. Also strips a lot of the intricacy of the system. However, it may work a bit more rationally once some of the advancements plotted out in the advanced disease system work more generically for the way autobuilds come into the city and leave the city. This will make it feel much more like events and less static.

That's cool... I just didn't realize that AIAndy had given a display location for a national level property value - I have a need for that myself ;)

The display is not part of the property system it was how it was done in WLBO. There is was a script like value done in the dll.

Also... what do you think of having an Entertainment city level property?

I would prefer an "infrastructure" type property that covered all the amenities of life, religion, entertainment and administration, but could see the need for them to be split given the number of buildings we have.

Hello all,

I used to be very connected to the CivFanatics community (even created MMod which is an expansion on KMod and is located in the KMod forum) but have fallen out of step with the on-goings in the last two years.

I just completed an exhaustive search of this forum with the intent of attempting to find out if KMod is a part of C2C. I cannot seem to find any information on this, though.

Would anyone please inform me as to whether KMod is a part of C2C?

Thank you for your time,

Matt

There are some KMod adjustments included in our dll but not all of what the mod entails is compatible with methods employed here as we have addressed some things in differing ways already. I'm not sure what KMod comes with beyond some AI improvements anyhow.

KMod arrived after C2C had done many big changes to improve game turn and improve AI so only parts of KMod were ever possible to merge easily.

Hey guys. Just returned here at Christmas break and am downloading v35. I have two questions:

1. I noticed that the file size is almost half the size of v34. I am hoping not, but was there a lot of content removed?

2. Was Mormonism removed as a religion?

Most of the stuff removed was "expensive" graphics, models and such. Sparth did an amazing job here! If anything, everything looks better now, and has a much lower memory footprint!

Dont know about Mormonism, try it?

Hey guys. Just returned here at Christmas break and am downloading v35. I have two questions:

1. I noticed that the file size is almost half the size of v34. I am hoping not, but was there a lot of content removed?

2. Was Mormonism removed as a religion?

No and No

Thanks for the info, guys. I've been playing since last night and things are looking great. The only thing I noticed that looks odd is the different sizes of font used in the Resources tab.

Thanks also to Sparth!

Thanks for the info, guys. I've been playing since last night and things are looking great. The only thing I noticed that looks odd is the different sizes of font used in the Resources tab.

Yes, that is a bug we have not gotten to yet. It has something to do with the number of resources. I think that when we removed the limit on resources in general we missed something in the python UI code.

I've been playing this mod for a while now, but my hard drive crashed a couple of months ago, and I lost all of my files. Got a new, better HD, reinstalled the complete edition, downloaded the mod again, and extracted it to the mods folder for BTS. When I run the mod from BTS it crashes and gives me this information.

Spoiler :
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.3.1
Application Timestamp: 48317e8a
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 523eec1d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000fb533
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: 096e
Additional Information 4: 096e1bd0f1dc1c0a0e6c1d8ecc5c1361

I've tried putting the mod inside another folder with the same name, but when I run that it opens the regular game, but with "Caveman 2 Cosmos" in the upper right hand corner.

I've tried also both versions 33 and 35. Both have the same results. (although the error codes are from a crash with v33. Don't know if that makes a difference)

Other mods (the included ones) work just fine.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Automatically Replacing malloc and Other C/C++ Functions for Dynamic Memory Allocation
On Windows*, Linux*, and OS X* operating systems, it is possible to automatically replace all calls to standard functions for dynamic memory allocation (such as malloc) with the Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) scalable equivalents. Doing so can sometimes improve application performance.

Replacements are provided by the proxy library (the library names can be found in platform-specific sections below). A proxy library and a scalable memory allocator library should be taken from the same release of Intel® TBB, otherwise the libraries may be mutually incompatible.

can THIS https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/506096 be used in mod?

i dont know if mod dll loaded at startup but - python.dll or boost dlls runned at startup - so this can be used in mod i assume... but i dont know how to verify this if i compile such dll:)

Automatically Replacing malloc and Other C/C++ Functions for Dynamic Memory Allocation
On Windows*, Linux*, and OS X* operating systems, it is possible to automatically replace all calls to standard functions for dynamic memory allocation (such as malloc) with the Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) scalable equivalents. Doing so can sometimes improve application performance.

Replacements are provided by the proxy library (the library names can be found in platform-specific sections below). A proxy library and a scalable memory allocator library should be taken from the same release of Intel® TBB, otherwise the libraries may be mutually incompatible.

can THIS https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/506096 be used in mod?

i dont know if mod dll loaded at startup but - python.dll or boost dlls runned at startup - so this can be used in mod i assume... but i dont know how to verify this if i compile such dll:)

It is possible with older versions of TBB up to 4.1 later updates or versions can't be used with msvc7.1 so i don't kown about them. But it won't help much because we don't have that much multithreading and it increases the memory usage a little bit so we can't use it.

I did some testing with TBB usage in C2C i could help to get more things multithreaded but it is nondeterministic and that causes issues in mulitiplayer games.

That fixed it. Guess i supposed that updating it with the included updater would work. . . . silly me. lol It is working now, thanks. Is the map where you can play as almost any of the pre-columbian civs still included, or no? I couldn't seem to find it.

Sorry guys I don't know if you already responded the question in this or other topics and I previously apologize. I want to ask if there is any way to play cave 2 cosmos on windows 7. I found the way to play the game by changing the folder, but my beloved mod do not work. Thank you in advance.

to help you - you need to provide details, what not working and what you already done.
С2С definetly work on win7 32\64 bit
Did you read sticked FAQ ?

I already installed the game and the expasions in this folder C:\GAMES\CIV4.I installed the patch 3.13 for beyond the sword.
I installed cave 2 cosmos v33. When it asked the folder where i installed civilization I indicated C:\GAMES\CIV4. No errors occurred during the installation. When I run the program nothing seems to happend, but when I open the task manager the process is running, using 50% of my cpu. I have no choices but to close it. I searched for sticked faq on the site but didn't find it, maybe there is something lost in translation for me, it's a second language.

Top Bottom