• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

caveman2cosmos on surface pro problem

12padams

Prince
Playing civ games on the surface pro is awesome. Both civ 4 and civ 5 work great on iPad as well the civ 4 bts mods. I've got a problem though...

I select the caveman2cosmos mod (tried both v28 and latest Svn) from the menu and then boom, it goes to the desktop and nothing... I opened up task manager to see what was going on and I've figured out the problem. The civ 4 process comes up and slowly increases the amount of ram its using (beginning at 10meg) while the processor stays at 25% practically the whole time.

When the ram gets to around 20-27meg (at this point the civ 4 mod loading bar hasn't even appeared yet) the cpu usage starts going down. When cpu usage gets to 0% the application disappears from the processes list in task manager and that's the end of that...

Its just sad really :(

The surface pro has 4 gig of ram and a quad core processor so I'm not sure what the problem could be... anyone got any ideas? I really wanna get c2c on my surface pro!

You might want to try deleting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Cache, it sometimes gets corrupted and leads to crashes on startup.

Playing civ games on the surface pro is awesome. Both civ 4 and civ 5 work great on iPad as well the civ 4 bts mods. I've got a problem though...

I select the caveman2cosmos mod (tried both v28 and latest Svn) from the menu and then boom, it goes to the desktop and nothing... I opened up task manager to see what was going on and I've figured out the problem. The civ 4 process comes up and slowly increases the amount of ram its using (beginning at 10meg) while the processor stays at 25% practically the whole time.

When the ram gets to around 20-27meg (at this point the civ 4 mod loading bar hasn't even appeared yet) the cpu usage starts going down. When cpu usage gets to 0% the application disappears from the processes list in task manager and that's the end of that...

Its just sad really :(

The surface pro has 4 gig of ram and a quad core processor so I'm not sure what the problem could be... anyone got any ideas? I really wanna get c2c on my surface pro!

Did you remember to patch BtS to 3.19 on that machine? I'll bet it's something basic like that, and not something Surface-specific

Did you remember to patch BtS to 3.19 on that machine? I'll bet it's something basic like that, and not something Surface-specific

Omg lol forgot to do that! Will report back soon :)

Edit: I installed latest bts and it loads up the mod, its playable touch screen and without a keyboard and mouse but sadly... there are a lot of dark\black tiles. The tech tree works fine and 3d units in the civ pedia are rotatable and everything. Its sad this black tiles thing though because it makes the game unplayable. Anyone know what its all about!

Top Bottom