1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCTP Working Version Progress

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by Gilgamesch, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Taa

Taa Warlord

hehe...that was badly written...sry
    what I meant was a "new" working version :D
    make us happy...yes ;)

Thats excellent news.
    btw have you figured out the Ai civ tech learning problem yet?

2. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

The Ai behavior is the most important part on the todolist , and iam hoping that the including of Reverse Engeneering and some Ai flavor setteings will help to solve this problem.

Also there will be a techtree change for ancient era, and some new buildings, wonders and resources.
    New luxury resources that are only avaible due buildings and the related resources.
    So the new ancient era will get 2 new resources Horems great "Apple Resource" and the Bison from the last update.

On the long road the industrial and modern era wil get priority.

What would be nice if we could get the advanced policy mod, working with CCTP.
    That would bring the old CCTP character back to live:trophy:.
    And it would allow us to add as many policies and idiologies as we wannt.
    So there would be no limit, but only we and our supportes could do it when we would have the time for it.....:coffee:

3. Bladesss

Bladesss Warlord

I am trying to help test (AI Civs tech) the problem by brute force.
    I noticed that 3 of the CCTP/AI files that changed between V4.02 and V4.03 are CCTP_betterAI, CCTP_globalAIDefines and CCTP_tech_flavors.
    So I installed V4.03, I copied V4.02 CCTP_betterAI over the V4.03 file. I ran the game and it did not break. I played 150 turns and most civs gained 1-2 tech, but 2 still had their starting tech. That seems to be the same as V4.03 what the AI civs only gain tech by goody huts.
    So since copying in the V4.02 version of that file did not fix the problem, my logic is that the problem is not in that file.
    I will be testing the CCTP_globalAIDefines tomorrow.

4. Taa

Taa Warlord

Sounds great :D looking forward to this...

This sounds great, but I have no clue about programming, sadly, but I dont think this is the issue with Ai civs. Its not that they fall bedind or perform badly, the problem is that they for some reason grind to complete stop in their tech progress. I played more than 800 turns and for 500 turns Ai civs did not get any new techs, except from goody huts.

I wish I could do something to help out but Im clueless in the area of programming.

5. Taa

Taa Warlord

Great work, keep it up :)

6. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

Thank you Gilgamesch. I will make sure to credit everyone. At this point I think that I may only borrow some units and buildings. I've decided to keep the conventional tech tree format for now.

7. theevilone

theevilone Chieftain

cant wait for next version, current one is good the only thing that drives me crazy is the ai not researching techs, they have alright science per turn but they just don't know how to choose a tech it seems like.

8. Taa

Taa Warlord

Just a suggestion. In the original game all techs is connected but in CCTP many techs have no follow up and just end in the air. Can this be related to this issue?

I can also help out with testing but Im clueless about programming.

9. Malice805

Malice805 Chieftain

Oh mee gorsh I hope we get the update 3/8 !! Gilga good luck ferreting out the AI issue !

10. Leere

Leere Chieftain

Reeded somwhere in this tread... or in another... No folow up for some techs is normal, it's not a bug.

11. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Oh:rolleyes: seems like i will not be able to upload the next update this weekend.
    Not that i have worked to much :lol: its more that over 50 new technologies need pedia entries and the corresponding textfiles.
    Or that so many new buildings and wonders that are now comming along with this update need balancing and of course tech rejusting.
    Also the problem that i have broken some parts and that is digging up code finding.

Anyway better a little bit more waiting and a big positiv surprise or no waiting and no happiness:D

12. Palladium

Palladium Chieftain

We all wish you every success in your hardworking and will hope to enjoy the mod soon.

13. Malice805

Malice805 Chieftain

^ Yes ! I will wait patiently ! Thanks again for the awesome mod ! I will sustain myself with kingdom rush for awhile.....

14. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Thanks for patience:please:

Ok more seroius, i did more work then planned.
    So the result is a more complex early game with more units, resources technologies and buildings.
    Then the evil :satan: bug has stolen some time and now i have to manage the last part together.

The biggest part is prerequested technologies.
    When i get managed succesfully the new textstrings, we could need the help of you guys :wavey:, who offered it before ;).

Some new gamemechanics here and there, also many changes its more then a little 4.03 update is more a complex 4.04 version, lol:D

15. Taa

Taa Warlord

Sounds great m8...can't wait to play it :D

16. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Good news, the technologies are now working correctly and the errors in the database are decreased.
    Now iam certain that i can release 404 before this weekend.
    Will be a big change in relation to 403.
    New Technologies, Resources, Wonders, Buildings and Units are included.
    Many Flavors have been reworked to force the ai to a better selection.
    Manpower is generally overworked (but i need to fix the ammount of MP per eras).
    The city disapairing bug is also solved and other minor bugs.

The last thinks that need changes are the balancing of yields, but that is no big deal, and should be solved.

17. JFDarksun

JFDarksun Chieftain

hi, maybe i missed solving a little bug, but there is problem in social policies at economics, the right branch cant be started...

18. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

is fixed, with the next update.

19. lockon1

lockon1 Chieftain

Can't wait to play 4.04!
    Always thanks for your hard work gil!

20. Slasky

Slasky Chieftain

Second that!
    Played a few games with some other smaller mods, and its nothing close to playing with CCTP!