1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCTP Working Version Progress

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by Gilgamesch, Jul 25, 2013.

1. wizeguy525

wizeguy525 Chieftain

U ROCK! :king:

2. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Ok iam into the last progress. iam not sure when i will be ready to uploud the mod.
    But it will be in the next 24 hours.

There are so many thinks that where added or changed, that balancing is very time consuming.

What changed.

New technologies and a reconstructed techtree.
    More Wonders and Buildings, realy a big number lol.
    Many new resources, not alll will be fully included, but are now ready for further doings.

CCTP is also under general clean up, since this project is growing that big, it should be more userfriendly.

3. Taa

Taa Warlord

This sounds just awesome, cant wait to play it...but no hurry m8 :cool:

4. Tritous

Tritous Chieftain

Thanks for the work you've been doing. If I had the energy (worn out by work) I would offer my support. If I find any bugs in 4.04 I should be able to analyse them since while I've no experience in Civ5 mods I am an experienced programmer and an xml extension system is pretty basic to analyse.

Couple notes for you: your dropbox is overloaded and public sharing is blocked on it. maybe you could use google docs as a mirror? It's prettymuch the same system as dropbox. Second: may be worth keeping an eye on the first post: if there are major issues such as AI doesn't see techs then it should be in there for those new to the CCTP legacy.

Oh: and epic work as always. CCTP is a mod which dwarfs all others: it's practically a new game in itself and Civ5 just isn't the same without it

5. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

:bowdown:

Ok more serious.
    Thanks for the info, will look if i can create a mirror soon.
    Yes xml is relativ easy to code, but thats good im no real programmar.

6. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Next upload will be later.
    Buggy modbuddy shows some text related problems wihle using only us and not de tag.
    Will not upload a buggy version, but iam not willing to spend more time yet so....
    Give me another sleeep, got free tomorrow and then finally we can get the result...

Just to note, iam the only active member hear coding, and its very time consuming.

7. Taa

Taa Warlord

Take your time m8, no need to rush anything. I wish I could help you but I have never done any programming, but I want to learn, maybe something else I can help you with?

And guys, please help out if you can, this mod is awesome and will add a lot to civ 5 for many players :)

8. Malice805

Malice805 Chieftain

Your work is much appreciated and I wish I knew how to code so I could help out !

9. Tritous

Tritous Chieftain

one of the things you can do which is not coding is looking at the spellings. While Gilgamesch calls it code, xml is actually a text based structure. The text that appears in game is inside tags not that different to the BBS codes used to format text on this forum. It doesn't need a coder to look through the text and find anything that looks like it's incorrectly spelt (I'm sure somewhere I saw "fountain of live" rather than "life", I'd have to check).

To update the DLLs needs programmers knowledge, to build up the override trees needs a little, to proof read the xml only needs 2 eyes (possibly 1 eye) and to know english (or the other languages supported). Takes time only

10. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

You are right with the tags.
    The problem here was that every language (english, germ...) has there own tag.
    Iam a german and use for my own the De tag.
    So i changed it back to US and the database show me a new list of broken entries.
    To be honest i was frustrated, i thought i fixed it already.

So i decided to fix the bugs later with a free mind.

11. Tritous

Tritous Chieftain

this is where is helps to be systematic and use a naming convention (e.g. all english tags end in "_en", all german tags end in "_de" and the base names are the same. Of course that is only possible if a mod is planned fully from the start and isn't made by dozens of different people at different times. "historic reasons" is one of my favourite frustrations in my job too :p

There are software and xml tools which can help with these sorts of traces and links, but since I know of no free ones it's probably no help. I guess we'll have to help you by old fashioned beta testing :)

12. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Iam uploading CCTP 404 now,will be done in ca 40 minutes.

When finished i will create a new link.

13. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Ok a few notes to 404.

You will discover that the techtree is expanded.
    And many new features where added.
    At this state not all wonders and buildings have the final bonus/yields.
    For the next update i plan to optimize the whole CCTP yield system.
    For that i decided to go first and add new technologies and wonders/buildings.
    And then later finsh all up, with the help of the community to get a great synergy of all together.

You will discover that the loading time is increased when the mod is loaded the first time.
    Iam not sure why but i bet a loopy or related effect.
    Will dig the logs the next days and bug out all what i can find.
    But for now iam happy to finished the current status.

Please feel free, and give any feedback you wish.

At least this is just another working version. So bugs and or other problems can be interrupt the game. if so please give as much infos you can and in the best case provide a log.

14. bladex

bladex Emperor

can't download dropbox is disabled

15. wizeguy525

wizeguy525 Chieftain

Same here.

16. Malice805

Malice805 Chieftain

"webpage not available"

17. Tritous

Tritous Chieftain

same issue I raised before: your dropbox is not available to public because of how much traffic you get (you are popular). Try google docs or similar

18. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Damn, ok need to go t to work first.
    Then I will look what I can do.

19. Slasky

Slasky Chieftain

I would put it somewhere if not for having a really low limit internet only available atm :(

Btw, you should attach some install notes in a readme.txt file for those that are a bit unsure of what to do

20. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Will upload a overworked version today.
    But to be honest first i need to watch a new episode of walking dead, need to come down and refresh my energy system.

Then i will tweak some little bugs and will upload 404 to a mirror place.