CCTP Working Version Progress

Some time ago someone said(read this as a song(translated from rus by memory after some adaptation)):
There are 30 bugs in my code,
There are 30 bugs in my code,
I found one and fixed it!
Now there are 60 bugs in my code,
There are 60 bugs in my code...

:lol:, yes gotta hate how fixing a bug can cause more just have to keep going at it. This tediousness is the reason I never really got into programming. No patience, and my vision is already bad enough, no need to worsen my myopia.

Ok after 4 days of bugfixing, i managed to get CCTP working again.
Iam not sure if i can get it ready before my travel beginns, but i will give my best.

Thanks to my ferrets, iam only one week away. (cant let them to many time alone)
So in the worst case you have to wait only one week more.:cry:

holy double post:=)

Hey, i cant view the tech tree in game so i wonder if anyone have some kind of tech tree out of game that i could use as referance? picking techs from a list is working fine and don't wanna bother you with something that would probably be okay once you get the update done.
Either images or some kind of text list would be more than fine! just so i can plan more than 1 tech ahead :D

Love your dedication and work Gilgamesh!

Will be patient, just signed up for a intro to computer science course on edX. So there goes me not getting into programming lol. Yeah edX is awesome I'm taking a CS course from Harvard(and its FREE). So I at least have something to occupy me lol.

This is the best mod ever!!(I really do mean the best mod for any and every game.) I just wished it worked a bit better. I can't thank you enough for your work, so I'm not going to, JK.

@ Mr. Gilgamesch: This is an impressive mod with lots of potential. I like what it has to offer and believe that I can make something special out of this. Do you mind if I use the current version and build my own mod? I will credit you of course. This could really give me a jumpstart with the mod that I am currently constructing and save me some time.

1) playing current version huge cruel immortal. Turn 596 I have 23 techs, but the next 3 AI countries only have 7 tech each. They have empires with plenty of cities, so something in the AI or tech trees is preventing their development. This was not happening say 2-3 versions back.

2) The honor policy says in needs "Leadership" to make full use of opening it. So I just got leadership. But what use is the honor policy tree, I have not seen a land based barbarian for 200 years.

3) minor peeve. This area of the tech tree is working Ok, but is backwards. Currently "Bronze working" leads to copper working and the discovery of copper and tin.
Per Wikipedia "The earliest tin-alloy bronze dates to 4500 BCE in a Vinča culture site in Pločnik (Serbia)." Copper working should come before bronze working since bronze working requires copper and some other alloys (usually tin) to be discovered first. I think you can just swap the two techs in the tech tree and reconnect the other dependent techs.

4) if you do try my suggestion in 3), you might need to make one other change. Currently learning bronze working makes cavemen obsolete and that would then be happening earlier. But it does not allow any other melee troops (bronze working use to enable spearmen in civ5). So depending on the order you learn techs you can go 100-200 turns with no other melee troops producible until warriors are enabled. I think making cavemen obsolete so happen closer to the "Tribal warrior" side of the tech tree.

1) playing current version huge cruel immortal. Turn 596 I have 23 techs, but the next 3 AI countries only have 7 tech each. They have empires with plenty of cities, so something in the AI or tech trees is preventing their development. This was not happening say 2-3 versions back.

I have same issue with CCTP v4.03. First I thought it was another mod that caused it, but I played a game last night until turn 350 with only CCTP and same thing happened again. I also play huge map on cruel speed on king difficulty with modified map size 180x96.

Also Ai civs seem not able to get more techs at this point. I played until turn 800 on marathon, and for 300 turns ++ Ai civs did not get any techs. They seem to stop being able to get more techs from research, only from goody huts or other rare occasions.

Right now Im doing another test game and this time I have removed all tweaking from CCTP and CIV5 vanilla. Will come back soon with more info, but Im pretty sure same thing will happen again. It seems like the current available files is not working...
Maybe it have something to do with huge map and cruel gamespeed, or the "dead" technologies that dont link to any other techs.

To Gilgamesch: Do you have a never working version I can try?

Does anyone else have problems with Ai civs tech progress in v4.03?
Anyone have a version of CCTP that work well?
Getting impatience waiting for Gilgamesch :p

i have play only 100 turns actually without trouble so .... wait and see i can't play a lot due to my RL job badly.... but RL is always more important
and i have so many things to post about graphics improvement for CCTP ...

Are there any mods that let you see what the AI countries are researching or have researched. I saw one that can read save files but it seems to be only core civ5 save files.

Greetings from marakesh.
Will replay to your messag

es when iam back

Yes it was funny, non the less iam back in cold germany, and hell in the carnival season.
Give me one or two days and i will start overworking my existing work.
There are lots of changes and updates i already done.

Glad you are back. I was trying to identify a problem with the NPC civs not learning tech.
They start with 4-5 techs depending on difficulty level. They find 1-2 techs from goody huts but they never get any techs through research.
I dug in and found that the NPC civs do not start with fire but have hunting and tools. But the lack of fire was not the problem preventing other techs.
I reverted to V4.02 v1 and was comparing the differences . CCTP_betterAI.xml is a possibility since it is the only AI file I found with a newer date.

Yes it was funny, non the less iam back in cold germany, and hell in the carnival season.
Give me one or two days and i will start overworking my existing work.
There are lots of changes and updates i already done.

Great to have you back...cant wait for an update :D

@ Mr. Gilgamesch: This is an impressive mod with lots of potential. I like what it has to offer and believe that I can make something special out of this. Do you mind if I use the current version and build my own mod? I will credit you of course. This could really give me a jumpstart with the mod that I am currently constructing and save me some time.

Hey, sorry for the late response and please dont call me Mr. (that makes me feel old:lol:)
Ok more serious, you can use all of my code for your own. Ether if you credit me or not, but i use a lot of code from other modders and i cant speak for them.
We only have the permission to use there code for CCTP, but the most are friendly.
To see whos work is used you can look here io the threads for credits.
All the best
gilga

To Gilgamesch: Do you have a never working version I can try?

Lol:lol:,l if i would upload a not working version you cant use it.
For example, you could even start a game because the game would crash.
While there are many problems, thats the reason i only upload one version at the same time.
It would be very confusing to manage more versions at the same time.
I know you guys are greedy;) for a better working version and i will give my best to make you happy.
When all is going as intendet the next update will arrive before 8.3.14.

Top Bottom