Celts are bugged (G&K release version).

aatami

Kuruth Urfarah, kuruth!
I decided to play a game as the Celts today, and after a few hours of play I have noticed two bugs so far:
- I did not get the extra faith per unimproved forest tile for having 3+ unimproved forest tiles, only the extra faith for having one.
- The Celtic UU does not give faith for kills as intended. I did not recieve any faith for killing units with the Celtic UU, and tested this several times to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

I decided to play a game as the Celts today, and after a few hours of play I have noticed two bugs so far:
- I did not get the extra faith per unimproved forest tile for having 3+ unimproved forest tiles, only the extra faith for having one.
- The Celtic UU does not give faith for kills as intended. I did not recieve any faith for killing units with the Celtic UU, and tested this several times to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

Could you please post a save, and I can take a peek? I just started up a fresh game with the Celts, plopped my city down next to 4 forests and am getting the correct +2 faith.

I then attacked and killed a barbarian which yielded +4 faith with my Pictish Warriors. One thing to keep in mind here is that the faith gets added before the animation starts, so verify the amount before you attack.

Could you please post a save, and I can take a peek? I just started up a fresh game with the Celts, plopped my city down next to 4 forests and am getting the correct +2 faith.

I then attacked and killed a barbarian which yielded +4 faith with my Pictish Warriors. One thing to keep in mind here is that the faith gets added before the animation starts, so verify the amount before you attack.
Don't have a save. If others haven't been able to reproduce the bugs, then I guess I'm wrong and just didn't notice the effects when they came to be.

I thought you were aware that the Celt UA works only if the forest space are adjacent to the city, the 6 hexes next to the city. I am not sure the OP realized this though.
To the OP if you look fast after a kill you will see a white number this is the faith bonus if you don't then save a game so Dshirk can have a look at it.

Have the same problem also. I put down near any amount of forests, I get +2 Max faith. Tried it on Standard and Epic Pace.

Or if I read this right. Your max +1 faith is 1 per City, unless it is next to 3+, then it is Max +2 faith.

Not +1 or +2 per tile.

Bah. Ah well.

Attachments

• Boudicca_0018 BC-3550.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 128
  • Boudicca_0087 BC-1825.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
Or if I read this right. Your max +1 faith is 1 per City, unless it is next to 3+, then it is Max +2 faith.

Not +1 or +2 per tile.

That's correct.

Its +1 Per CITY not per tile for 1 forest adjacent (thats just the 6 Hexs right next to the city and not all the ones in its influence) And +2 Faith per CITY for 3 or more forests Adjacent. So if you have 1 or 2 forests its just 1 faith total for that city if you have 3,4,5 or 6 forests adjacent its 2 Faith total for that city.

yea, UA (a bit weak i think) only gives +1 if 1 foret in the very 6 adjacent tiles, +2 total if 3 forests
UU much stronger. +20 oot (out of territory), gives faith for any killed units and the +20% stays when upgade the unit (pikeman, lancer, anti-tank)

UA just good to reach the first pantheon, useless after :(

You must be joking? If you plot every city beside 2 forests that's a huge FREE faith boost, couple that with shrines and pictish warriors and you can get a religion pretty fast.

I believe the UA is just to make the celts the civ to get the first/a pantheon. And the UU helps a lot to get a religion fast. I like tradition opener after I researched bronze working because then my scouts and pictish warriors go barb hunting for culture and faith.

Is it as unlikely to improve your forest tiles in the first 5 to 10 turns as it is to not improve them if special resources are placed there: better get the resource after you have built a pantheon.

I once started without any forest tiles around! No faith at all. So what? Luckily met a religious CS and build a shrine.

If you see the Celts UA what it is: get the first pantheon - if noone else finds a faith hut - sit back and relax and enjoy playing them, as your expectations go with reality: 1 or 2 forest: 1 faith/turn 3 to 6 forest tiles 2 faith/ turn.

Theodora has much more difficulties to get a pantheon/religion but her UA is a 5th believe! That is much more likely to be a problem.

Top Bottom