Cern

Tinkerbell

Prince
So, what to do with CERN?

a) we need protection
b) we need more settlers
c) we have slavery, so we can whip

I think we need CERN to be size 4 and then whip 2 pop and grow back to 4 and whip etc. Making the general purpose of CERN a (militairy) production city.

We need 21 :food: to grow, with 5 :food: per turn that's 4 turns (if we do 6 :food: for one turn). So I think we need to build something to grow to pop 4 after the settler so we can build the next settler using the whip.

Thinking of it, in 3 turn will the settler be done (46 :hammers: + 3 x 9 :hammers: + 40 :hammers) gives us 115 :hammers:.

BTW: If people prefer a screenshot of a larger size, let me know.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 202
The problem with your proposed growth/slavery-strategy is, that
- we can't build too much useful stuff, while growing
- the best things to build right now are workers and settlers, that prevent growth

Maybe we should consider granery -> warrior after the settler to grow to pop4/5 and then build a couple of workers/settlers.
While growing we should put chop-yields into workers/settlers.

I think our plans in CERN depend mostly on the placement of our second city. In case we go for a western city first, it might be interesting to build a workboat for it in CERN to utilize growth.

I'm in favor of a workboat soon - we need to be exploring the coasts!

How would a workboat fit in with the growth / whip / settler schedule?

Well, I would say that decision about next site depends on what we want to do with CERN,
not the opposite.
If CERN go military, then A=the commerce city becomes very desirable.
Obvious, then CERN should whip ASAP the granary, build troops and save next whips, when
possible, to settlers and workers.
Best regards,

My opinion:
Our food/turn is not good enough for a whip strategy
With pop 5 we have clam and 4*mine/hill, is 10 :food:. Then we 've 13 :hammers: and 16 :commerce: + 1-2 :commerce: from trade.
After connecting the gems, we take few turns at rice and grow to pop 6, clear we need til then a warrior/holkan.

This turn
we build granary first
2320 BC :food:: 5/26 +2; building: 00/60 + 40 :hammers:, clam, 2* mine
2280 BC :food:: 7/26 +2; building: 40/60 + 14 :hammers:, clam, 2* mine
2240 BC :food:: 9/26 +2; building: 54/60 + 14 :hammers:, clam, 2* mine
warrior
2200 BC :food:: 11/26 +5; building: 00/15 + 7 :hammers:, clam, rice, mine
2160 BC :food:: 16/26 +5; building: 07/15 + 4 :hammers:, clam, rice, mine
2120 BC :food:: 21/26 +5; building: 11/15 + 4 :hammers:, clam, rice, mine
grow to pop 4 and a warrior for security
2080BC :food:: 13/28 +4; building: anything + 7 :hammers:, clam, rice, 2* mine
4 turns to pop 5

I am wandering wheather it might be a good idea to do some pop2-rushs here in the near future until we can grow CERN to something around pop7/8.

The reason is, that we can convert 13:food: (pop2->pop3) or 14/15:food: (pop3/4->pop4/5) into 30:hammers: with the granery.
Regrowth from pop2 to pop4 needs 4.5 turns. (with clams+rice and clams+rice+mine/cottage)

So it might be a good idea to do the following:
- build warrior/workboat (whatever needed...) and grow to pop4
- begin settler and rush settler as soon as possible for 2 pops
- build warrior/workboat (whatever needed...) and grow to pop4 (4-5 tunrs)
- at pop4 switch production to worker/settler
- 8 (or 9) turns after last whipping finish another worker/settler for 2 pops
- regrow ... build warrior/workboat (whatever needed...) and grow to pop4 (4-5 tunrs)
... rince'n'repeat 'til growth to something around pop8 in CERN is possible or economy prevents another city

This is exactly what I thought :)

(When calculating this vs. building settler/workers @pop5 constantly, we lose 34 hammers/food from worked mines, but gain 60 hammers from whipping. Overall we gain 26 hammers. I am now convinced, this is the best way to go for us right now. :))

Wheather we better work cottage or mine we can always decide upon the current situation (boost research a little or boost unit/building production)

With pop4 we can switch to worker/settler 1 turn before growth to pop5 to prevent unhappiness, but regrow to pop3 after whipping in 1 turn.

Now this is a picture of CERN
in few turns we 've iron mine and then 3 mines, hamlet, clam and rice (for Peri)
11 :hammers: and +4 :food: (with rice) or +2 :food: without.

Attachments

• 1201 CERN.JPG
    1201 CERN.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 150
In CERN is a wb (9/30) in the pipe, so it 'll be pop 6 before we build a worker; in 2 turns there 'll vanish the unhappy from whipp.
The wb is for Gott in 10 turns.

Top Bottom