Chadwick Boseman "Black Panther" dies at 43

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
My gf told me this morning and I couldn't believe it! The guy looked younger than I do despite being more than a decade older than me. I would never have guessed he was battling cancer.

Apparently he never mentioned the cancer publicly which adds to the shock. He got engaged late last year and finally tied the know with his girlfriend within the last couple of months or weeks.

My gf told me this morning and I couldn't believe it! The guy looked younger than I do despite being more than a decade older than me. I would never have guessed he was battling cancer.

Looking back at some recent pictures taken of him it makes sense though. He looked a lot more frail and his body seemed to have lost a lot of mass compared to when he made the Black Panther movie.

Looking back at some recent pictures taken of him it makes sense though. He looked a lot more frail and his body seemed to have lost a lot of mass compared to when he made the Black Panther movie.
I noticed that too, but just assumed he was preparing for a role where he needed to be thinner.

*shrug* I can't say I've seen many images of him except in promotional material for Black Panther. If I had seen it I'd likely have chalked it up to the fact that he had to bulk up for Black Panther and was just returning to normal.

I was lying half-awake in bed early this morning and turned on the radio and heard on the BBC, "...who played T'Challa in 'Black Panther', died of colon cancer." Being the super-nerd that I am, I said out loud, "You mean T'Chaka." I figured they had to be talking about John Kani.

Top Bottom