Challenge-XIV-01

final save 3160 BC. I was lucky enough to take Toku quickly with his capitol on plainhills, so had 2 cities spamming warriors every 6 turns. Also luckily Mansa started with wet corn in first ring, so his warrior was not produced on time. Toku, Mao, Mansa taken with no defence, and had 4 warriors ready for each other civ. 4 warriors are pretty save for fortified city ion hills with culture bonus (3 are not :p after attacking with 3 warriors Nap was still alive with his warrior having 0,0 health :)

Wow, nice! That'll be tough to beat! Makes me want to try again, too...
I don't think this map is tedious at all. Granted, one AI may start on another landmass. That's bad luck. But I'd be much more inclined to quickly try again this one than to play the whole Oasis OCC again just to find that there's no aluminum for trade.
I think this is a good exercise in logistics. Some nice things you can do include founding religions at the right moment to get a better hammer tile for captured cities for example.
Regarding your points on the starting location, I think that
-Plains hill to settle on plus forested PH somewhere in BFC is perfectly fine (so almost every start on Global Highlands)
-starting on the coast is actually beneficial because I know immediately which direction to send the warriors

On the coast means there should be civs far away. In the middle is better. 1 warrior east, 6 turns later 2nd warior west etc and before AI get their first warior you already have expedition in every direction.

If Babylon was not on peninsula, I would save 3 or 4 more turns

Below 50 turn conquest is absolutely possible here with some luck

I'm still convinced starting on the northern or southern coast is the best. You still send warriors east and west, but then they proceed with the conquest in one direction. Your troops do something like two half-circles. The veterans meet at the other end of the continent for the last battle(s). Late warriors from the capital will catch up by going through the middle.
Below turn 50 sounds very ambitious but I think it's definitely possible, too.

This challenge has me gnashing my teeth.

Turn 22... Warrior or Empty? *pulls the slot machine arm*

Just gonna take a crazy number of repetitions... absolute must is 3 empty capitals.

What is the latest you've walked into a empty capital?
I think turn 25 is latest I've managed.

Well, thanks to Lymonds pimping on the main boards, I have decided to register, just to see how badly I can do :) Wish me luck.

Well, thanks to Lymonds pimping on the main boards, I have decided to register, just to see how badly I can do :) Wish me luck.

[pimp] Welcome to the HOF Mount! [pimp]

Good luck!

Thanks man. First game not going well, taking forever to find the other civs. Managed to take Japan's empty city early doors. Since then..... 5v3 to take Mansa's city, after 1st round of attacks I had 2 x warriors at 1.8 strength and CR promotion, he had 1 warrior left at 0.2 strength.

Who of course succesfully fought off both my warriors. So 5 dead warriors, for nothing. Heavy. May start this game again....

Edit: BTW, do you have to send in your initial save when you start your game, or can you submit it when you send in your final save? Thanks

Thanks man. First game not going well, taking forever to find the other civs. Managed to take Japan's empty city early doors. Since then..... 5v3 to take Mansa's city, after 1st round of attacks I had 2 x warriors at 1.8 strength and CR promotion, he had 1 warrior left at 0.2 strength.

Who of course succesfully fought off both my warriors. So 5 dead warriors, for nothing. Heavy. May start this game again....

Edit: BTW, do you have to send in your initial save when you start your game, or can you submit it when you send in your final save? Thanks

Submit them at the same time when the game is finished. Just make sure you don't replay the same start; and reloading and replaying is not allowed.

I have finally managed to finish this game, on t54, after ~50 attempts.
Ironically I really should have lost this one, whereas I should have won so many others....

4 AI very close to me fell without defenders, that just left Hammy & Nappy.

I took the Hammurabi's city with only 2 warriors with no other units anywhere near. Won the last battle aganst him at 3% odds.

Nappy fell last, but I had 5 warriors to take him out.

edit: credit to Pollina, as I stole her 4000bc save to run my mapfinder (easy way to know you have the right settings)....and I then forgot to change the name. :blush:

4 AI very close to me fell without defenders, that just left Hammy & Nappy.
I did not think it was possible to get 4 free capitals. I should probably try it again.

Love that you beat my dates. :goodjob: It’s so much more fun when there’s competition! Only downside is that I will have to finish that time game, the one truly horrible game in this series. :cringe: :suicide:

edit: credit to Pollina, as I stole her 4000bc save to run my mapfinder (easy way to know you have the right settings)....and I then forgot to change the name. :blush:
I’ve played/started a few games as “neil”, “Shulec” or “Puni” in the past, but I doubt I submitted any of them. :lol:

Tokugawa's was the 4th, I walked into Kyoto on t27.

From memory he didn't have any 2 hammer tiles, so I can only imagine this is why he didn't build a warrior in time.

That Time game was a real killer! Good luck.

Just looking at your Ice Age diplo game, I can't believe you chopped UN in a single turn, in a city without Beauro bonus!

So, just tried this for the second time......the first 2 civs I come across both have a warrior in their capital. This isn't going well... :(

ack! Sorry about the Time game :lol: ...figured some here are going for Quattro so throwing in a Time game now and then helps with that. At least it is Quick speed.

Didn't realize Pollina was female. Sorry for all the times I've referred to you as "he". :blush:

Could someone explain why not having No city razing would warrant a reload?
EDIT - Oh, I see now. Thanks for the advice!

Time for me to jump in and get a 20th place finish!

'cus you will capture ~3 empty capitals and you they will all auto-raze. You want those extra cities to pump out more warriors.

Top Bottom