Change Civ default color?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Spysix, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Spysix

Spysix Chieftain

Hey, new here, Hows it going?

I've been searching for a mod or a way to change a civilizations default color to whatever I want. (Or just the players color and not the civilizations itself, but it's probably improbable) I tried searching and it came with little results and when I tried to be less specific I winded up with 30 pages...

I don't want to start digging into random files since I am unfamiliar with lua or any other inner workings of CiV, best I can do is delete the intro movies, lol.

Can anyone help a fellow CiV fan here out?

2. Revoran

Revoran Prince

in the world builder scenario editor you can assign colours to civs, city states, barbarians etc

not sure about modding as opposed to scenario editing

3. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Chieftain

Also looking for more information on this. Where can I find the civilization colors defined?

4. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

I dont know if this really helps, but in world bulder you can choose any predefined colours you want for your and the AI's Civs. Bad about this may be, you will know the map. But there are some workarounds possible as well (for example cover parts of the sceen exept the menu when creating a map. :D)

5. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Chieftain

I was more curious about making a Mod to do it, instead of a map. I've downloaded and looked at the BTS Color mod and it works, but whenever I try to make my own mod that does the same thing, I can't figure it out. :(