Change VP Options

Since VP(9-15) Archaeologists is capped at 3
Here is what you can write in code.sql to have 4 :smoke:
Code:
-- cap for archaeologists
UPDATE UnitClasses SET MaxPlayerInstances = '4' WHERE Type = 'UNITCLASS_ARCHAEOLOGIST';
UPDATE Language_en_US SET Text = 'Maximum [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]four[ENDCOLOR] active Archaeologists per player at any one time. Archaeologists are a special subtype of Worker that are used to excavate Antiquity Sites to either create Landmark improvements or to extract Artifacts to fill in Great Work of Art slots in Museums, Palaces, Hermitages, and selected Wonders. Archaeologists may work in territory owned by any player. They are consumed once they complete an Archaeological Dig at an Antiquity Site. Archaeologists may not be purchased with [ICON_GOLD] Gold and may only be built in a city with a Public School.' WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_ARCHAEOLOGIST' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

What is the file location for samples.txt?
Inside the folder as soon as you extract the file. These are the new settings for events.
-- uncheck "Enable Events System" by default
UPDATE GameOptions SET "Default" = 0 WHERE Type = 'GAMEOPTION_EVENTS';

-- check "No Good Events" by default
UPDATE GameOptions SET "Default" = 1 WHERE Type = 'GAMEOPTION_GOOD_EVENTS_OFF';

-- check "No Neutral Events" by default
UPDATE GameOptions SET "Default" = 1 WHERE Type = 'GAMEOPTION_NEUTRAL_EVENTS_OFF';

-- check "No Bad Events" by default
UPDATE GameOptions SET "Default" = 1 WHERE Type = 'GAMEOPTION_BAD_EVENTS_OFF';

-- check "No Trade Events" by default
UPDATE GameOptions SET "Default" = 1 WHERE Type = 'GAMEOPTION_TRADE_EVENTS_OFF';

-- check "No Civ-Specific Events" by default
UPDATE GameOptions SET "Default" = 1 WHERE Type = 'GAMEOPTION_CIV_SPECIFIC_EVENTS_OFF';

Inside the folder as soon as you extract the file. These are the new settings for events.

Yeah, that’s what I was (probably not clearly) trying to say, I was trying to make all the changes manually. I haven’t downloaded anything more than VP + EUI. Though I probably should make my own mod file with all of the changes I have done for customization and testing so that I can just add that to the mod list when loading a game vs. manual changing each of the VP files...

@ryanmusante

What file location within VP files is that samples.txt targeting to make changes in? I could just trace that to find where to make changes manually

@ryanmusante
What file location within VP files is that samples.txt targeting to make changes in? I could just trace that to find where to make changes manually
Good reference material to read, check the modiki site:
http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php?title=XML-SQL_Cheat_Sheet_(Civ5)
Code:
-- Update GameOptions for Default--
UPDATE GameOptions SET "Default" = 1
WHERE Type = 'GAMEOPTION_BARB_GG_GA_POINTS';
If it looks like the above, post it into Code.sql:
Code:
<CustomModOptions>
    <Update>
        <Where Name="DIPLOMACY_AUTO_DENOUNCE"/>
        <Set Value="1"/>
    </Update>
</CustomModOptions>
OR if it looks like this, post it into Code.xml:

And than of course, this cool utility:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/utility-c5-xml-to-sql-code-converter.635101/

For windows OS, I recommend Notepad++ for editing so the formatting is clear:
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Last edited:

Take a look at these files.
  • (2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes
  • (2) Community Balance Overhaul\Modular Elements\Happiness Mod
After that, copy your codes into my Code.sql or Code.xml.

Does someone have an idea on how to have automatically the sound down when the city screen open ?
Or, how to have the city screen sound replaced with something else.
Ambience sound?
This code turns the volume down by 50% (Default Volume is 60, 60).
Spoiler code :

INSERT INTO Audio_2DSounds (ScriptID, SoundID, SoundType, MaxVolume, MinVolume)
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_ANCIENT_LARGE', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_ANC_LARGE', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_ANCIENT_SMALL', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_ANC_SMALL', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_CLASSICAL_LARGE', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_ANC_LARGE', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_CLASSICAL_SMALL', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_ANC_SMALL', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_MEDIEVAL_LARGE', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MED_LARGE', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_MEDIEVAL_SMALL', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MED_SMALL', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_RENAISSANCE_LARGE', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MED_LARGE', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_RENAISSANCE_SMALL', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MED_SMALL', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_INDUSTRIAL_LARGE', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_IND_LARGE', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_INDUSTRIAL_SMALL', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_IND_SMALL', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_MODERN_LARGE', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MODERN_LARGE', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_MODERN_SMALL', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MODERN_SMALL', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_FUTURE_LARGE', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MODERN_LARGE', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_FUTURE_SMALL', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MODERN_SMALL', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30;

cf.
Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Sounds\XML\Audio2DScripts.xml

Quick question why at the end some settings have a ; and some not?

Example:
INSERT INTO Audio_2DSounds (ScriptID, SoundID, SoundType, MaxVolume, MinVolume)
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_FUTURE_LARGE', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MODERN_LARGE', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 'AS2D_AMBIENCE_CITY_ERA_FUTURE_SMALL', 'SND_AMBIENCE_CITY_MODERN_SMALL', 'GAME_AMBIENCE', 30, 30;

Last edited:
his code turns the volume down by 50% (Default Volume is 60, 60).

It works exactly as I expected. 30, 30 is the perfect balance with other sources of sound.
But...

After few cities opened, the sound from the city is cut and I get CTD. Systematically. Many tests and always the same result. (\cache\*.* deleted) I ever tried 31, 30.
Really weird. Maybe not savegame compatible?

It works exactly as I expected. 30, 30 is the perfect balance with other sources of sound.
But...
After few cities opened, the sound from the city is cut and I get CTD. Systematically. Many tests and always the same result. (\cache\*.* deleted) I ever tried 31, 30.
That is strange. I will test on mine and see if it does the same. Have you tried with only VP and 0 mods?

But...

It should be compatible.
I added the code during turn 150-200.
No CTD happened.

Minimum distance between Cities :

Code:
-- Distance minimum between Cities

-- Duel
UPDATE Worlds
SET MinDistanceCities = '3'
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_DUEL';
-- Tiny
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_TINY';
-- Small
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_SMALL';
-- Standard
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_STANDARD';
-- Large
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_LARGE';
-- Huge
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_HUGE';

MinDistanceCities = '3' is the default value whatever the world size

Minimum distance between Cities :

Code:
-- Distance minimum between Cities

-- Duel
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_DUEL';
-- Tiny
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_TINY';
-- Small
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_SMALL';
-- Standard
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_STANDARD';
-- Large
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_LARGE';
-- Huge
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_HUGE';

MinDistanceCities = '3' is the default value whatever the world size
I guess the YnAEMP giant map is also defined as 'huge' then?

Top Bottom