1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

changes in the latest patches

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ilteroi, Jul 29, 2020.

1. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Bad. Land units shouldn't be that good while being embarked. This is what ships are for.

Smallson, Zuizgond, InkAxis and 2 others like this.
  2. rp03ev

rp03ev Chieftain

what was the last vesion that had embarked units stacking with naval units? feel like this mod was so much better when i played it last summer tbh

3. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

The current one without files that ilteroi or Recursive did that you have to paste on top off install. Planes disappear in this version, though.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  4. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Yep. Playing that version myself at the moment! (6/19/2)

5. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I understand that embarked units need to at least take a hit, but India being able to just float meat shields out like this doesn't strike me as acceptable.
    • naval units should have a combat bonus against embarked units. Embarked units should only take normal damage from cities and land ranged units. They should get their clocks cleaned by real boats because YOU'RE IN MY HOUSE
    • Embarked units shouldn't project ZOC

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  6. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Just noting this is still the case in the latest version, no ZOC was present in the scenario I showed

7. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

So probably my favorite thing about the change so far. I play Communitas_79 which tends to have a lot of landmass a short embarked distance away, and there tends to be a lot of barb camps on the islands, and therefore barb ships. With the change I know longer loss embarked units to barbs, they get beat up by the c bow or the barb galley, but no longer get taken out.

8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

It looks like Naval Garrisons are provided full or at least strong CS boosts again, compared to last version where they provided minimal improvement. Intended change?

JamesNinelives likes this.
  9. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Just a friendly warning to people playing this version, Portual is bugged in that their feitorias cannot be removed. I currently have 24 strategic resources I can't get because old feitorias are on top of them. I recommend forgoing any portugal play on this version.

Bromar1, Maxxim69 and JamesNinelives like this.
  10. Rhys DeAnno

Rhys DeAnno Prince

This probably has to do with the fix for the bug where CSes were removing them. IMO it might just be easier to let them collect strategics because of this tangle of responsibilities they have.

11. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Easiest solution is to just have them connect any resources, yeah.

12. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Or make a separate improvement that's CS Feitoria.

13. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Yeah, I noticed this when trying to work archeology sites with feitorias on top. Got a city-state quest that was impossible to complete because the archeology site (in Portugese territory) was unworkable.

I agree that letting them collect strategics would simplify things a little.

14. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

To be fair, archeology sites on embassy already makes it impossible to complete. This is just another case.

15. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Nah, this wasn't in city-state territory. It was Portugal's own land and they didn't seem to be able to dig it up themselves.

16. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

And I don't think changing the rule of allowing feitorias to work with strategics would fix that problem.

Beyond that, its also a usability problem. Sometimes a player may want to replace a feitoria with something else (to be more optimal about their placement). Saying "oh sorry, once you build your stuck with it for life", that's really feels bad.

Maxxim69, Zuizgond and JamesNinelives like this.
  17. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

So I think it's better to create an identical improvement for the CS that can't be replaced, and make the original one replaceable.

18. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I don't know what the best way of going about it would be, but yes players should be able to remove Feitoras in their own territory.

Keep in mind that if the improvement in CS territory was a different (but identical) improvement, it would still be unremoveable if a player captures that city-state or annexes that territory using a great general.

19. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

True, but it's just like Embassies. It's your choice of capturing that tile.

20. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

That's fair. I guess my main point is just that they should be removable in your own territory.