Changing Barbarian Strength Progression (MoM/Extended)

Gelscressor

Chieftain
Greetings fellow modmodplayers!

I was looking to make a small tweak for my own games of MoM. I usually play my games with a slower technology research rate...but unfortunately enough, this (naturally) doesn't change the speed barbarian units become stronger. Consequently, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction about what to file to edit to change how many turns it takes for barbarian units to get extra strength. Thanks in advance!

...And now I feel kind of silly.

I checked the CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml and I figure that BarbPercent is likely the value I need to change. I'm going to try to that.

Hello Esvath,

I've been too busy to start a new game, but when I have enough free time again, I'll let you know if my tweak works as intended.

I recently played a game again with an increased BarbPercent rating. Barbarians indeed seem to gain strength slower as a result. AI also seems to do a little bit better on average.

Ok, so where do I find this BarbPercent???

I'm trying to reduce barb freq/ Barb str increase freq as well ....

I'm having 30 str barbs and my friend is having 60-80 str barbs .... I think its partly a side effect of THREATEN BARBS and TAUNT ORTHUS

so yea, I'm trying to minimize the barbarians but not sure where to do it ... thanks! :)

Top Bottom