1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

changing civ names..

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by htos, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. htos

htos Chieftain

short history.. i bought civilization back in like 92', got hooked, blah blah. lost the original game through the sands of time etc; got it recently in a disk of other free trial games. to put it shortly, the windows version bla0ws; so i ditched it. still, remembering the good times i used to have, i wanted to play it again. looked around on the net for awhile and downloaded the dos version. im not posting a link, so dont ban me okay?

so anyway, heres my problem. the game runs fine, but instead of the race "babylonians", they're called "croation s". has anyone had this happen to them before? its sorta queer, because the babylonians just happened to be my favorite civ.

is there any way to change the name back to babylonian ? i've forgotten how to edit everything over the years.

- Soth

2. htos

htos Chieftain

okay so i did some more searching and found another dos copy that wasnt weirded out. i dunno why people cant take an hour out of their time to do a simple search if they want the game so badly. its quite easy; anyway

- Soth

3. stormerne

stormerne Eye of the Storm Retired Moderator

You wanted us to help get you out of a fix with your illegal copy of Civ? That's a tad naïve.

I won't ban you for it, but I will close the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.