Changing Map Size In-Game

The360MlgNoscoper

Chieftain
Is it possible to make a map larger, say, three times as tall in a running game using worldbuilder? So i can turn a generated map into a spacemap. Like with the scripting feature? Or is it simply impossible :/?

Is it possible to make a map larger, say, three times as tall in a running game using worldbuilder? So i can turn a generated map into a spacemap. Like with the scripting feature? Or is it simply impossible :/?
Save it as scenario in WB, edit it notepad++, add several rows of terrain on bottom (notice X= / Y= pattern) and save it.
Map can't be taller than 200 rows though.

If you play with SM, then you have to delete all units in this scenario file, since WB is unaware of Size Matters.

Map can't be taller than 200 rows though.
Why?
Also, checked that Pit's map is exactly 200 (y=0/199) rows high, but the actual Earth part is only 123 (y=0/122) rows high, the rest being Space.
Which brought me to a funky question:
Any knowledge of a chance of an actual Earth map that is 200 rows high without Space, lol?
Sure, Pit's Earth is 232x123, so ???x200 would approach something like 350 columns, going for the total of 70k plots (and computer memory goes BZZZT in the middle of loading it, lol).
But it'd be fun to see such a map existing, even if only just because it can, lol.

Top Bottom