1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 2: Dynamic modifiers, effects, collections and arguments 2017-01-13

Learn how to create custom modifier types and determine a modifier's arguments.

1. Daerenil

Daerenil Chieftain

Hi everyone
    First of all, thanks to NycholusV for his tutorials, it's been a real great help understanding how modifiers function.

Just have a question though : Will you be back soon with a the following tutorial about requirements you talked about in this one ?
    I'm trying hard understanding this but I can't figure out how it works, and I think I need it to build a trait for my civ.

Maybe it's better to talk about my problem here since someone can give me another way to do it : I want to make a civ trait that gives a bonus to ranged units only in its cities AND only on forest or jungle. I tried to give a simple bonus without requirements on the units and it's great but a little too "cheaty" for me, so I want to nerf it and make it only with these specifications, so my civ can be easily strong in defense but totally normal in attack.

Btw this is the first civ I'm trying to make, and since I started only 2 weeks ago, I find it really easy to start but hard to do it correctly, and the tutorials I've found here are really helpful.

2. donald23

donald23 Chieftain

I'm sorry to bump this thread, but I am looking for extra help with modifiers and was trying to take a look at this (and Chapter 1), but unfortunately I'm getting a DNS error when trying to reach the website.

Does anyone (or OP) know if I can reach it someplace else?

3. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    I hope the OP doesn't mind, I copied the text from hist tutorial chapters and put it in pdf format for easy use offline.

But you'll get more out of his website - https://nycholusv.wordpress.com/guides/using-modifiers/chapter-1/

Attached Files: