Chess

Such an original idea, I like it. Maybe in the next version you could inlist the help of a creator and get some new art. Suggestions: Get some new units that look as best as possible like chess pieces, new terrain that looks like the chess board (the creator of zombie island did a great job in the city-like terrain graphs, so maybe he can help you, sadly I forgot his name) etc. I haven't played yet but I think this is defidently something for multiplayer. Maybe we can set up some multi-matches though I suck at chess, and civ:D . That's all I can think of.

:goodjob: :) :goodjob:

bd41094 said:
(the creator of zombie island did a great job in the city-like terrain graphs, so maybe he can help you, sadly I forgot his name)

KingArthur ;)

I just finished a Chess scenario with new units and cool terrain. Should I upload it?

sry i just dont think its a good game, moving all ur units at once, needing 5 pwns to kill a rook :sad: , though 2 fix that just remove all but 1 hit point and 0 defense. points for creativity though :goodjob:

sry i just dont think its a good game, moving all ur units at once, needing 5 pwns to kill a rook :sad: , though 2 fix that just remove all but 1 hit point and 0 defense. points for creativity though :goodjob:

Ha, even though you didn't like it, it's nice to know that people are still checking it out three years later. I might have to reinstall civ3 to try it out again to see if I still like it. :D

Whoa, I'm glad this got bumped, 'cause I wouldn't have discovered it otherwise.I played one game and thought it was pretty fun. I agree about pawns being powerful for sure.

I kinda like the idea of making a longer game out of it, too. A chess-themed tech tree would be cool, if somewhat surreal.

looks nice the only thing is that the ocean should be something other than black, my screen looks very dark with it

Edit: wops i just found out you could get the origional backround... my bad this post is useless,
but its a great and unique senario im glad it was bumped back

Fun scenario, and nice board-making. Almost lost by total annihilation the first time thanks to some untimely defeats. Glad you bumped it so that I discovered it.

Also reminds me of the Age of Empires II chess scenario I made several years back, which also necessitated some slight tweaking of the traditional chess rules.

Top Bottom