chicknex4 Graphics Help thread

chickenx4

Prince
Can add the destiny resources

Edit:can you respond to my request on your resources file

Moderator Action: Moved these posts to their own thread. Please use this thread to discuss how to make your own graphics. Posts about this topic in other threads will be deleted.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for this OT post, Pounder.
I have gimp
GIMP is the primary program I use for all my graphics worth - everything from just for fun to preparing slides for my academic presentations. do what several of us have encouraged you to do. Start a thread about making your own graphics. Show things you are working on but haven't finished yet. Those are called WIPs (work in progress). People post those all the time to get advice and help. And by "people" i mean even the ones who have been modding a long time. Do what they do and soon enough you'll be trading work for work rather than bugging people and getting ignored. More importantly, you'll have the pleasure of making things exactly how you want them made. Start a wip thread.

Apologies for this OT post, Pounder.GIMP is the primary program I use for all my graphics worth - everything from just for fun to preparing slides for my academic presentations. do what several of us have encouraged you to do. Start a thread about making your own graphics. Show things you are working on but haven't finished yet. Those are called WIPs (work in progress). People post those all the time to get advice and help. And by "people" i mean even the ones who have been modding a long time. Do what they do and soon enough you'll be trading work for work rather than bugging people and getting ignored. More importantly, you'll have the pleasure of making things exactly how you want them made. Start a wip thread.
Can I make units in gimp

Edit:what should I do in this thread?

Last edited:
Edit:what should I do in this thread?
Just what the title says. And what was added in big bold letters to the first post. Post all your questions about how to make graphics here. That way:
  • you don't have to remember which thread you asked the question in
  • the people best able to give you answers know to check this thread to see if they can help.
  • other people that might have the same question as you will be able to read this thread and get answers as well

Can I make units in gimp
GIMP is for 2d images. you cannot make a 3d model such as a unit and animate it in GIMP. It is only designed for working with flat images. 3D modeling programs such as Poser, Blender, Daz3D, Maya, etc. are for making, animating and rendering models such as units that need to be seen from different angles.

I don't know how to do animations on units what would I do is make 3D models

I don't know how to do animations on units what would I do is make 3D models
Yes, making models is one good place to start. Vehicles might be easier than humans at first. Except that there is a model here on the forum called the "paperdoll". Search for that and download it. That's a human figure that's proportioned properly for Civ 3.

I'm going to make some of the rebel army units from metal slug and I can also make Hachi from donpachi

Edit:what should I do with the paper doll

Edit 2:can I make clothes for the paper doll in blender

Last edited:
Hey I got a new computer I it crashes on when it opens its a win 10 pro

I posted on my thread in tech support but I'm waiting for a reply

Top Bottom