• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

China

philchapman1

Chieftain
Hey start off as China in a Domination game. Build barracks with every new town and build horsemen if you have horses. Take ten horsemen to each city and you will kick butt.

philchapman1 said:
Hey start off as China in a Domination game. Build barracks with every new town and build horsemen if you have horses. Take ten horsemen to each city and you will kick butt.

Yes, having a large fast army of horsemen is fast and effective but if I have iron I prefer swordsmen. Usually I use that technique if I'm the Iroquias so the mounted warriors are pretty effective.

That goes without saying... a bit too specific, don't you think? Try that on a higher level without any advanced skills and you will be beaten badly.

try it on GOTM 39(i think) and lets see what all of those will make versus 2 pikemen + all defences computer made :)

Pentium said:
I think 5 swords will do the job of 10 horsemen.
yes but vet horseman have retreat chance of 55% and they win against spearman 50% and lose 50% and those who lost retreat 55% time so 10 of horses will kill 5 spears and you will lose 2 horses
and 10 swordman will kill 7 spearman and 3 will die

on one spear you lose 0.4 horseman and 0.42 swordman
they are the same in killing the units but i like to use horses because they are faster and you can upgrade them to knights and then to cavalary (2 most used units in the game for warmongers)

ya horseman rock, on my recent game(i am still playing). i have no iron and the cloest source is in my enemy's terrtory, and i have to use horseman to grab that source of iron.

Use both! Hit 'em first with the horses. Some will win, some lose, some will retreat. The survivors get hit with swordsmen, which have better odds against weakened opponents.

Don't underestimate the power of the archer and longbow :-/. Not only are they cheap and expendable, but they can attack you before you can attack the stack.

Durkz said:
yes but vet horseman have retreat chance of 55% and they win against spearman 50% and lose 50% and those who lost retreat 55% time so 10 of horses will kill 5 spears and you will lose 2 horses
and 10 swordman will kill 7 spearman and 3 will die

on one spear you lose 0.4 horseman and 0.42 swordman
they are the same in killing the units but i like to use horses because they are faster and you can upgrade them to knights and then to cavalary (2 most used units in the game for warmongers)

You got served! :lol:

Top Bottom