Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

PeteAtoms

FormulaRandom
ChivalryTheGame.com

Brief Description: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is an multiplayer first-person medieval combat game that seeks to deliver the intensity of epic Medieval Hollywood Blockbusters to the hands of the gamer. Set in a fictional yet gritty and realistic world, players will fight in fast paced online battles besieging castles, raiding medieval villages and fighting for glory in the arena.

I've looked at a few of the videos for this game, and I gotta say that I'm intrigued. It doesn't look "deep" as far as story or campaign mission type stuff, but they are promising that their game is going to be "melee combat done right".

They have a video where they explain how the game will be using the collision detection of weapons and how timing of combat is going to work with servers/players. They claim that there won't be any cases of swords phasing through enemies because of server lag or timing issues.

I dunno. It looks really good graphically, IMO. It is still in the early stages but I'm looking forward to some gameplay footage by players.

Link to video.

Haven't really looked into it, but if it's basically a graphically updated Mount & Blade, I'll be happy.

edit: now that I had a chance to watch the video, I'm disappointed that it's going to have a MP focus. M&B was great for two reasons - the amazing, visceral combat... and the well done rpg/SP campaign. Hopefully it'll have both.

It looks like War of the Roses except with better graphics.

Link to video.

Goofiness aside, so far from what I've heard and seen the game is fun, excellent objectives, combat feels very meaty and brutal, lacks the choice of direction for attacks that M&B has, and the map design/balance is hit and miss, but overall seems to be pretty decent. Only 32 player MP but they were testing 64 player servers in the beta and plan to add them in. Not bad for $25 (or inevitable sale).

It is like someone played Mount and Blade, stopped, and said "You know what would make this better? Awesome kicking skills."

But yeah, I want this game now.

Top Bottom