Chop down all the forests!

I would like to see forests trated like in SMAC meaing add some buildings increasing yeld from forests or add similar tile improvements, same for this blue fog to be more vailuble for harmony affiility like it was similar with xenofungus in SMAC [ i would be awsome to se harmoy cities surronded by blue fog :) ]

I would like to see forests trated like in SMAC meaing add some buildings increasing yeld from forests or add similar tile improvements, same for this blue fog to be more vailuble for harmony affiility like it was similar with xenofungus in SMAC [ i would be awsome to se harmoy cities surronded by blue fog :) ]

Harmony does get some bonuses from miasma as is, healing in it and having options to make its units stronger in it while crippling the enemy, but suffers from the weakness of needing to clear it to get use out of trade routes, which at this stage are too good to not abuse.

I am surprised there are no buildings for forests though: almost all of the resources have buildings that work well with them, and coasts have the water refinery. It seems strange they've left out the poor trees.

Disappointing to hear that their is no real consequence to chopping down all the forests. You'd think at least for the harmony/live with the environment people, you'd be upset at destroying the environment on the new planet. Plus surely there must be aliens on the planet that live in the forests that would be a little upset about losing their habitation.

And nit just chop down all the trees, but also remove all the miasma lol.

In SMAC, forests became the best tiles in the game other than OP boreholes with a couple of expensive buildings that added +1 food each to them.

And if you played as the treehugging Gaians, you got extra food from fungus.

Trees would become 3f, 2p, 2e, while Gain fungus would become 2f, 3p, 3e. Spam fungus everywhere and become untouchable while you fill it with super sized mindworms! It was joy.

Unless I have a better use for the tile immediately, I always leave forests alone to build biowells on them. Since I tend to go for biowells early in my recent games, the production post-biowell trumps the one time boost from chopping. Plus, I always have plenty of other tiles or slots to occupy my citizens and I don't need to waste my workers'precious turns chopping. If you're going to use biowells, there's not much reason to chop.

Unless I didn't remember about biowells being able to fo on top of them and chopped them all into farms already QQ.

/fail.

I'll still rather go all farms / mines / manufactories in the capital, but want to try biowells and generators everywhere else.

Top Bottom