1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Chopping - what and when?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Abaxial, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

It is not hard to beat deity without chopping, but that's meaningless since it will make finishing turns look very bad( like 190 or so)

Delaying your people's Mars for hundreds of years only for your self-limited constraint? I'll not do that.

2. criZp

criZp Emperor

I think you are taking the game a little serious bro, that's just my opinion.

Kimiimaro, Pietato, King Rad and 2 others like this.
  3. Arilian

Arilian King

I never chopped before, because I have an empire builder mindset, instead of a quick win focus. Not even once.
    But when Magnus arrived with +faith for chopping and +workers settlers from faith, I chop everything.
    I just started to play a few never chop game again, as with chopping, winning is too easy even in deity.

4. Jackanape

Jackanape Warlord

In the past, I rarely chopped for the same reasons. Once in a while, if i wanted a good farm block, or needed to build a Wonder on that hex, I might chop first. I never considered the hammer loss or gain, as I was rarely in a hurry, and appreciate the longer games.

Interestingly, since R&F, I find myself doing it much more..maybe I'll follow your example and go back to the old ways.

5. liv

liv Emperor

6. Bizrock

Bizrock Chieftain

Me too, I didn't know that chop was better than just improve the tile.

7. isau

isau Deity

I've not done the math but the most important thing IMO is to chop the tiles you aren't actually working.

I kind of hope they scale back the value of chops soon TBH. It's a little out of control at present. Magnus in particular, but also just the base value of a chop. The opportunity cost of Builders in RF is much lower and that has made the value of chops stronger.

Siptah likes this.
  8. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Spaceships are made out of wood, right?

BenitoChavez likes this.