Christian Exodus: Sign Up Now Before You Need A Passport

wilbill

That Old Time Religion
Monday night's World News Tonight from ABC News had an interesting story on the Christian Exodus movement. These folks are trying to move enough of their believers into South Carolina to take over the state government and run it the way they think the Constitution says it should be run. They're even willing to consider secession. From their website...
ChristianExodus.org is moving thousands of Christians to South Carolina to reestablish constitutionally limited government founded upon Christian principles. This includes the return to South Carolina of all "powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States." It is evident that the U.S. Constitution has been abandoned under our current federal system, and the efforts of Christian activism to restore our Godly republic have proven futile over the past three decades. The time has come for Christian Constitutionalists to protect our American principles in a State like South Carolina by interposing the State's sovereign authority retained under the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

THE PROBLEM

Christians have actively tried to return the United States to their moral foundations for more than 30 years. We now have a professing Christian president, a Republican Congress and a Republican Supreme Court. Yet consider this:

Abortion continues against the wishes of many States
Sodomite and lesbian "marriage" is now legal in Massachusetts (and coming soon to a neighborhood near you)
Children who pray in public schools are subject to prosecution
Our schools continue to teach the discredited theory of Darwinian evolution
The Bible is still not welcome in schools except under unconstitutional FEDERAL guidelines
The 10 Commandments remain banned from public display
Sodomy is now legal AND celebrated as "diversity" rather than condemned as perversion
Preaching Christianity will soon be outlawed as "hate speech"
Fathers are denied equal rights under law in cases of child custody
Our right to keep and bear arms continues to be INFRINGED
Private homes are now subject to arbitrary government seizure
Attempts at reform have proven futile. Future elections will not stop the above atrocities, but rather will lead us down an even more deadly path because both national parties routinely disobey the U.S. Constitution.
They've picked South Carolina believing that a large number of current residents agree with their goals - probably a correct assumption depending on how you define "large".

"Phase 1" of their plan involves moving 2500 families into the Greenville, SC area by 2008. So far they've moved 80 families in. They'll need about 80 per month to realize their goal.

I'm reminded of a thread we had some time ago about a Libertarian group trying to do basically the same thing (take over local government) in a small town in New England.

There were a lot of groups, religious and political, in the 19th century US who tried to establish their vision of utopia with varying degrees of success, but I can't think of very many such efforts more recently.

Personally I'd prefer they not take over South Carolina. I love Charleston, but wouldn't want to visit if I couldn't get a drink or two while I'm there.

They're even willing to consider secession.
This is fantastic! My dream come true:clap: I sincerely hope they win this time. Ahh, I can see it now, no more Republican presidents or congresses for a 100 years...(sigh). The South will rise again! (I hope)

good riddence.

This reminds me of something that happened in a book series by Max Lucado. In the second book, the Thor Conspiracy, one of the things that happened was basically a war between the Montana National Gaurd and the EPA/remains of the US military after a large group of Christians more than doubled the population of Montana and pretty much took it over.

Of course, that book also had Washington and Beijing getting nuked, and the Illuminati, so maybe it's not a good source for real life, but you get the idea. :p

we don't need SC, so why should we care? btw, the country is going just fine by my standards, and for that to continue, these are the types of people we must do without.

Our schools continue to teach the discredited theory of Darwinian evolution

heh heh :D . I wonder how many are members of groups like these because they believe in their cause and how many are members just to get a good laugh every now and then.

This reminds me of the Free State Project, a group of libertarians who wish to gather 20,000 people to help "invade" New Hampshire to "exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Whatever. These people deserve each other.

That is actually a good thing. Have them all in one place and let the rest of the USA alone ;)

I have an idea. All we athiests could move to North Carolina, and have ourselves a nice little war with the Christians in South Carolina :dance: :ar15:

Curt would lead the First Athiest Crusade and smite the believers.

Bozo Erectus said:
Curt would lead the First Athiest Crusade and smite the believers.

And then we would respond with the Holy Jihad, and kick your guys butts because a much higher percentage of the military is religious than society in general. No athiests in foxholes. :p

Elrohir said:
No athiests in foxholes. :p
My god youre right! The athiest forces wouldnt stand a chance. As soon as their soldiers went into foxholes, theyd switch sides. As a result, theyd have to fight out in the open, and it would be a massacre.

Ah, but we athiests have no morals, so with all the money we earn from selling drugs and hookers we will buy TANKS :borg:

And then the USAF blows up all the tanks and establishes air superiority over South Carolina. Combined with the Army and National Gaurd defeating the Athiest forces, it would be a total victory for South Carolina! The South rises again! Yee-haw! :banana:

Why would the USAF blow up the athiest tanks? You guys just seceded remember?

Elrohir said:
And then the USAF blows up all the tanks and establishes air superiority over South Carolina. Combined with the Army and National Gaurd defeating the Athiest forces, it would be a total victory for South Carolina! The South rises again! Yee-haw! :banana:
No, the USAF is (as the name suggests) under the control of the US. And I imagine the US would be pretty pissed at South Carolina for declaring independance :p

wilbill said:
Monday night's World News Tonight from ABC News had an interesting story on the Christian Exodus movement. These folks are trying to move enough of their believers into South Carolina to take over the state government and run it the way they think the Constitution says it should be run. They're even willing to consider secession. From their website...They've picked South Carolina believing that a large number of current residents agree with their goals - probably a correct assumption depending on how you define "large".

"Phase 1" of their plan involves moving 2500 families into the Greenville, SC area by 2008. So far they've moved 80 families in. They'll need about 80 per month to realize their goal.

I'm reminded of a thread we had some time ago about a Libertarian group trying to do basically the same thing (take over local government) in a small town in New England.

There were a lot of groups, religious and political, in the 19th century US who tried to establish their vision of utopia with varying degrees of success, but I can't think of very many such efforts more recently.

Personally I'd prefer they not take over South Carolina. I love Charleston, but wouldn't want to visit if I couldn't get a drink or two while I'm there.
There is nothing in your quoted passage to suggest they would ban alcohol. I just watched an explorer in Africa (TV) where he was in a Muslim nation and he bought a beer. Your presumption that religion means loss of freedom appears to be unfounded paranoia.

I like the idea of them taking over South Carolina. It would certainly add something to the history books that reflects the true influence of Bushism in the White House.

Elrohir said:
And then we would respond with the Holy Jihad, and kick your guys butts because a much higher percentage of the military is religious than society in general. No athiests in foxholes. :p
Who talked about conventional warfare. We'll use the biotoxins we have created from the stem cells of all those aborted embryoes. :yeah:

Top Bottom