Christian Exodus: Sign Up Now Before You Need A Passport

stormbind said:
There is nothing in your quoted passage to suggest they would ban alcohol. I just watched an explorer in Africa (TV) where he was in a Muslim nation and he bought a beer. Your presumption that religion means loss of freedom appears to be unfounded paranoia.

I like the idea of them taking over South Carolina. It would certainly add something to the history books that reflects the true influence of Bushism in the White House.
What about the loss of freedom to have gay sex?
Or the freedom for kids to be taught about evolution?
I could go on.....

ComradeDavo said:
What about the loss of freedom to have gay sex?
Or the freedom for kids to be taught about evolution?
In total christian society like that one when children would be old enough understand about evolution or being gay they are already married with each other or girls are married with someone twice as old as themselves.
See how it was done in the south of US back in the days and understand what kind of society these people REALLY want.

Sickman said:
In total christian society like that one when children would be old enough understand about evolution or being gay they are already married with each other or girls are married with someone twice as old as themselves.
See how it was done in the south of US back in the days and understand what kind of society these people REALLY want.
A society in which I can get young meat no matter how old I am without being called either a paedophile, an incestous wanker or both? Sign me up, God! :yeah:

Fathers are denied equal rights under law in cases of child custody
Our right to keep and bear arms continues to be INFRINGED
they are right about these two.

ChristianExodus.org is moving thousands of Christians to South Carolina

Crap. That is one of the States I'm looking at retiring in, guess I need to take a harder look at hurricane ridden Florida, where some normal people live. Isn't this becoming more common. Thought some independents were moving someplace in the NorthEast.

Old news. This has been discussed (and dismissed) before. These "projects" are about as likely as Kim Il Sung rising from the dead and forming an Objectivist think tank.

rmsharpe said:
Old news. This has been discussed (and dismissed) before. These "projects" are about as likely as Kim Il Sung rising from the dead and forming an Objectivist think tank.
1.3426 percent roughly, so?

How about a hot nymphomanic exodus? To Florida. The old folks retired here could all go home and the nursing homes would get turned into sorority houses. All male immigration would be stopped immediately. :D

Why is it always SC that does these things? They threatened secession in the 1820s, actually did it in the 1860s, and now they might possibly do it again in the 2020s.

Hey - credit to Bozo, Davo, & Elrohir. After reading so much of the embittered invective which is populating Off-Topic these days, it was really good to find a thread where people realise they're not about to change the world with a single post, and instead just posted witty comments (kind of) supporting their views. :goodjob:

Certainly it's a refreshing change form the "student politics" tone that many of the London / terrorism/ Iraq threads descend into at the drop of a hat.

THE PROBLEM

Christians have actively tried to return the United States to their moral foundations for more than 30 years. We now have a professing Christian president, a Republican Congress and a Republican Supreme Court. Yet consider this:

Abortion continues against the wishes of many States

protection of minorities I guess is why it continues. honestly christians don't care about the fetuses that die they want the mother to get her just comeupance for sleeping around.

Sodomite and lesbian "marriage" is now legal in Massachusetts (and coming soon to a neighborhood near you)

So? how does this effect your way of life in any way?

Children who pray in public schools are subject to prosecution

wrong it is perfectly legal for children to pray in school. I wish people would stop being stupid and claim otherwise

Our schools continue to teach the discredited theory of Darwinian evolution

evolution is not a discredited theory. just because you disagree with it doesn't it make it wrong.

The Bible is still not welcome in schools except under unconstitutional FEDERAL guidelines
The 10 Commandments remain banned from public display

it's called seperation of church and state. you're more than welcome to put up the 10 commandments in your own yard if you so desire

Sodomy is now legal AND celebrated as "diversity" rather than condemned as perversion

sodomy is any sex that isn't vaginal. I personally don't see why it should be any of their business what possitions I do and who I do it with as long as it's consentual

Preaching Christianity will soon be outlawed as "hate speech"

laughable, no one is considering outlawing your speech despite the fact that you claim to not only preach christianity but also treason agaist your country

Fathers are denied equal rights under law in cases of child custody

typically if they request it they get joint custody with the mother. granted it's not perfect but honestly what the hell does it have to do with moving to SC and succeeding from the union

Our right to keep and bear arms continues to be INFRINGED

is a 3 day waiting period and a ban on automatic weapons really stopping you? honestly?

Private homes are now subject to arbitrary government seizure

I agree this is bad and against our constitution

Attempts at reform have proven futile. Future elections will not stop the above atrocities, but rather will lead us down an even more deadly path because both national parties routinely disobey the U.S. Constitution.

well good luck.

ComradeDavo said:
I have an idea. All we athiests could move to North Carolina, and have ourselves a nice little war with the Christians in South Carolina :dance: :ar15:

why we just got what we wanted why would you try and mess it up? Christianities influence would decrease and would hurt it's image because it would be seen as an unpatriotic and treasonus not to mention against progress.

well I think this is a great idea. But as a nation on a whole. NOBODY is gonna take my gun from me. ( Now i must say im a dual citizen canadian and american). I just find it really odd how in the US and especially here in canada, you can be any religion you want EXCEPT Christianity. Muslim... great,buddisim... ok. but god forbid you are a christian. I Have friends who are police officers and if they pull over a muslim, and just happen to ask them to get out of the car, OMFG. More paperwork than you can imagine. I see it all the time. I was on one of my auxillary ride alongs and we pulled a person over. Middle aged male speeding. NO big deal. officer gets out asks the gent to step out of the car to talk to him, see if maybey hed been drinking, ( it was May 24 long weekend) and all of a sudden all I can hear is " religious persicution" BULL. so it caused a huge stink officer was suspended for 3 days because the department didnt want to hurt the sensibilities of the muslim community. OH and yes he was hammered and all charges were dropped. Now this would have never happened if it was a chrisitian. Would have been a DUI, arrest and licence suspension. NOPE didnt work that way.
Persoanlly I think homosexuality should be illegal. Thats MY opinion, i believe in the bible so as a christian I feel obligated to follow it. And according to the bible, homosexuality is wrong.
I was in school when we took the pledge of aleigence, but werent allowed to say the lords prayer. Yet muslim kids could practice thier faith.
Makes me sick.
If were gonna play we all play by the same rules. Nobodys special
But whatever. Im digusted enough at the government....

Sodomy is now legal AND celebrated as "diversity" rather than condemned as perversion
Preaching Christianity will soon be outlawed as "hate speech"
I love that they placed these two consecutively.

and your point is?

wilbill said:
Monday night's World News Tonight from ABC News had an interesting story on the Christian Exodus movement. These folks are trying to move enough of their believers into South Carolina to take over the state government and run it the way they think the Constitution says it should be run. They're even willing to consider secession. From their website...They've picked South Carolina believing that a large number of current residents agree with their goals - probably a correct assumption depending on how you define "large".
I saw that on Monday, and right after seeing it, I drove down the road, and noticed that the flag of the Christian Exodus, which had been shown on the ABC news broadcast, was flying at a couple houses not far from where I live... Kind of scary...

I think they should go to Alabama or Mississippi. I like the SC beaches too much to give them over to any single group.

Top Bottom